Chapter XLVII - O Hungry One

Start from the beginning

Constantine just lies back, with his hands underneath his head, observing me as I try to find my clothes. His eyes full of amusement and hunger. I can feel his hunger for me growing as his eyes rake my body. I've been averting my own eyes from his glorious hard muscled, beautiful body. Why does he have to be so gorgeous?

"Aren't you going to help me look for my clothes?" I ask in exasperation as my cheeks turn a deeper red.

"Nope, I'm enjoying the view," he replies helpfully.

"Way too much," I mumble to myself, but I think he can hear me as he chuckles and hauls his impressive body gracefully up.

"I thought you're going to help me look for my clothes," I complain half-heartedly when he playfully tugs me to him.

"Yes, I am. What do you think I was trying to do?" he says as he hands me my clothing. His eyes twinkle mischievously and his lips curl up into that hot amused smile.

My cheeks burn. Gah! This man. He thinks he's so funny. "Not funny! I'm very hungry," I pout. I haven't been eating much these last few days, and now I'm hungry.

"No, it's not. I'm sorry, sweetheart," he agrees, but his smile is growing. "How I missed you..." He leans in and crushes his lips on mine in a quick, passionate, toe-curling kiss. I make a small sound of protest when he pulls back.

He grins big. His gray eyes shining bright. That's what had been missing these last couple of days.

"First order of things...feed you," he announces.

Suddenly I remember something. "You just took off during assembly. Where did you go off to today?"

"I just went for a run," he answers vaguely. Pulling his pants on.

"Why? You looked like you're about ready to rip Caspian's head off...or my head off"

He sighs. "I would never hurt you, Sunshine, no matter what happen, or how mad I was with you. I wouldn't mind hurting Caspian badly, though," he pulls his shirt on. He seems reluctant to go on.

"What made you mad enough to storm off like that?" I ask again, very curious.

"Caspian said he'll mark you himself if I didn't do it soon," he finally says gruffly. A frown marring his forehead. "I said I'll snap his head off if he as much as looks at you the wrong way...then I just took off before I really started ripping his head off and that human boy's arm that's holding you off its socket." He's scowling moodily at the ground as he's remembering the event from this morning.

"Constantine...there's really no need for you to be mad or hurt anybody. I only love you, I don't care about any other boys," I state firmly, touching his arm. "By the way, you owe me a brand new top. You shredded one of my favorite tops to pieces." I only have my jeans and bra on. I hold my ripped shirt up. The torn up fabric pieces waving in the wind. He's so wild sometimes, and I love it!

He smiles and peels his shirt back off and slips it over my head. "I'll buy you a thousand more tops and dresses...anything you want, my love."
Everything I want. Him. I have everything that I want.

Running with Constantine is amazing. I love jumping and swinging from one tree branch to another, flying through the air. Constantine prefers running, though once in a while, he would be up on a tree right next to me. I suspect he's slowing his own run to keep pace with me.

Twenty minutes into our run, he snatches me in my mid-flight by the waist and drapes my body around his without missing a step. I wind my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist.

"Should I be calling you my Chunky Monkey?" he teases me.

"Call me chunky, and I'll strangle you right now, my love," I warn him with the sweetest smile. His delicious laughter echoes through the woods.