Valenna - Keeper

This prompt is from @DWTSfans

Val & Jenna get back together either before or on tour

 Most of the tour, Val was never seen without his phone on his hand. He was always texting, always checking social media, or making a call. She always knew who it was. She ignored it. She busied her self with the girls or her blog. She picked up her photography again. He had shattered her heart and she just couldn't be apart of it anymore. She saw how much he'd changed. She saw how distant he was. He would sit there with them but was more present with his conversation through his phone than with anything that was happening around him. Thankfully for Laurie's benefit, the others were picking up the big brother and sister acts. They spent time with her and kept her company since he wasn't.

It was all of a sudden. She saw the switch all of a sudden. One night, during the show, he was so tense when they danced. After all they'd been through together, their dancing had remained the same. That was until that one night. She wanted to ask him what was wrong but he ran off as soon as they were off stage. He usually would stay around for a bit after the dance as they caught their breath but he didn't this time. She couldn't lie to herself by saying she wasn't worried. She kept trying to catch him all throughout the night to see what was up but she never did catch him.

When the show was over and they had finally all got back on the bus, she finds Val sitting on the couch, empty handed, staring into lala land. They had a double show the day before and a busy morning before the show today so most have settled into their bunks for the night. She weakly smiled towards him but he didn't see it. Well, he either didn't see it or just didn't react. She walks past him and goes to change into her pajamas. She brushes her teeth and is just about ready to climb into bed with a book when she notices Val's bunk is still empty. She quietly heads back out to the main room and finds Val sitting in the same position, having yet to move.

At first she is unsure of what to do. She thought about calling Maks or swallowing her pride and somehow getting ahold of Amber. Before she could do that, her body takes over and she finds herself sitting next to Val, slipping her hand into his. She gives his hand a squeeze as his gaze drifts to their joined hands. He just stares at them for a while. Jenna sits quietly, not daring to move, waiting for him to make the first move. His eyes eventually make their way to hers. She gives him the same weak smile as before but this time he saw it.

"I'm sorry" he says quietly.

"What are you sorry about Val? You have nothing to sorry about. Nothing went wrong..."

"I'm sorry for hurting you."

"You didn't..."

"I know what it feels like now. I'm so sorry."

"Val, what are you talking about?" She asked even though she had a gut feeling she knew exactly what she was talking about.

"I saw how much it hurt you but I was being selfish. My Dad pointed out but I didn't listen. My brother called me an idiot. My Mama cried. I was selfish. I was an idiot. And look where it lead me. Losing one of my best friends and my greatest choreographers. I'm sorry. "

"Valentin, look at me. You never lost me. I was always right there."

"Yes I did. If I had asked you to come help me create a dance like I had so many times before, would you honestly have come or would you have tried your hardest to find a reason not to help?" She didn't have to respond. He knew her answer by her expression. "That's what I thought. I lost you Jenna and I'm so sorry."

"I'm right here Val" she said squeezing his hand. "What brought this one?"

"Please forgive me Jenna" he pleads.