t w e n t y - o n e

•🌺 21 🌺•

Anthony drove slowly because there were cop cars all down the street.

"Damn, what happened?" Anthony mumbled.

When they got closer, they realized that the police were at April's house. She was outside talking to a police officer.

Anthony jumped out of the car. "Stay here." He ordered.

Arnell rolled the window down so she could hear the conversation.

"What happened?" He asked April who was smoking a cigarette.

"Somebody broke into the fuckin' house!"

"Ma'am , was anything taken?" The cop asked annoyed.

"No." April replied. "I already told you this. They just trashed my house."

"Well, there's nothing much else we could do." The cops stated. "We'll take a look at your neighbors security footage and see if any shows up."

Arnell shook her head. The cop got in his car and left. They were never much help where they lived, anyway.

"Damn." Anthony said. He was looking at all the windows that had been busted.

"Get your shit and get out, Anthony!" April yelled.

"What? girl quit playing."

"I ain't playin'. I'm tired of taking care of people and always gettin' the shitty end of the stick!" She shot back.

"What are you talking about?" Anthony asked. "I take care of my damn self."

It was true. Arnell and Anthony took care of themselves. There was never any food in the house because Thomas and his kids ate it all.

"Well, it had to be either you or Nell that got my house fucked up."

"Why couldn't it have been Thomas ass?" He questioned.

" y'all always, talking about Thomas, he don't be doing shit."

Arnell rolled her eyes. Little does she that he's still fucking his baby mama. Every one knew it but her. She was too dumb to realize it.

"Yeah, cause touching lil high school girls is innocent?" Anthony shot back.

April stood there dumbfounded. She wasn't expecting him to say that. Neither was Arnell. He never defended her before.

"Arnell was lying, he didn't do that shit!" She yelled angrily.

"Whatever, I'll get my shit and leave." Anthony replied before jogging into the house.

April finally noticed Arnell in the car and shot her an ugly glance before walking back inside too.

"I'll take ya home." Anthony mumbled while backing out.

"You gone move in with August, now?" Arnell asked.

"Why?" Anthony asked. "You gone have a problem if I do?"