Chapter 4

Tyler's POV

I watched as she walked to the edge.

Her wings...they never touched the ground..instead of being dim like the rest of ours they had a gloss to them. Shimmering every time the blew in the air or when she moved. When she moved to step onto the edge the boys brought out their wings and I readied mine.. what was she doing..

And then she jumped.

"RUTH!" I yelled and ran and was about to jump off the edge when a black shadow flew up past us causing the wind to follow it. I looked at the boys and smirked. They grinned and nodded.

Here goes nothing...

Ruth's POV

As I was falling I knew I could either end it..or save myself....

As I was close to the ground I opened my wings and shot upwards passing the boys worried faces.

As I flown up my hair shot downward, my clothes flapped in the wind, and the air tickled my toes.

Freedom.

This is what freedom feels like. I stopped climbing when I knew I could see everything. As I looked around I noticed my wings kept beating as I stayed in my spot. Soon the gushes of wind caused by wings filled my ears. I looked down to see the boys climbing.

"Let's go slow pokes!" I shouted while smiling. This felt amazing. I'm sure I'm probably hallucinating but I'll take what I can take. The first one to reach me was Tyler, followed by Chad and Nolan.

"We aren't slow you just cheated!" Argued Chad.

"Do you have any idea how fast my heart was beating!" Nolan looked like he wanted to strangle me. I smirked and looked at Tyler.

"Live a little boys." He shared my smirk before trying to get closer to me. "Oh no no no." He kept coming closer so my smirk got bigger. I quickly through myself backwards and took off. I spinned myself around and put my arms out letting my skin feel the wind. I smiled and closed my eyes. Relishing in the freedom.

"Someone's enjoying this." I watch as Chad and Nolan smile at me but I look for Tyler when I can sense him above me. Don't ask how, I just can. I quickly imagine my wings folding back into my back and soon they disappeared. I felt as if I was about to start falling when arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled into a rock hard chest.

"What do you think your doing angel?" He murmured in my ear. I placed my arms out as if imagining I'm an airplane.

"Flying." I look over my shoulder to see him smiling at me. I giggle then look back at the city.. the lights so brigh- wait hold up.

Rewind.

I giggled.

Giggled? Since when I'm the hell do I giggle?

Anyway...I look back to the city and see the horizon of the sun. It's been that long already? Damn it. I love this.

"We need to head back before humans see us." I look over at Nolan to see him watch high scholars start leaving their houses heading to school.

We all nod and Tyler squeezes my waist, I nod at him and he releases me. As I get far enough away from him I released my wings and feel myself being pulled back up by the wind. We turn around and race back to the apartment.

Guess who won?

That's right,

Me!

Then Tyler and Chad and Nolan tied. I tuck my wings back into my back as I land right where my change happened. I can't believe this is all real...it's so imaginative. But after those hours I know for sure that this is real..that everything around me, everything they said must be true....

"Come on, lets go inside." I nod at Chads words and walk over to the fire scape. I make it to my window an climb through. I can tell the boys are following me but I turn around and stop them once they are all through.

"Okay, you boys need to wait here until I tell u it's all clear." They look confused at my words but nod none the less. I grab a hoodie and slide it over my ripped shirt. I walk out and shut the door behind me. I lightly knock on Lynn's door before entering. She sits at her vanity brushing her hair. I walk over and grab the brush from her hand before running it lightly through her long blonde locks.

"Morning Ruth." She smiles at me through the mirror.

"Good morning." I smile at her. A real smile. "Once your done here meet me in the kitchen and I'll have breakfast ready, okay?" She nods at my words and I lean down and kiss the crown of her head. I walk out and half close the door behind me.

I quickly fix up eggs and toast and set her out a plate. I leave out the eggs and bread knowing I'll need to feed the beasts locked in my room. "So I really need to rush so I'll see you after school!" Lynn chirps out before wolfing down her egg and toast, kissing my check and running out of the apartment. I chuckled at her before getting started on cooking the boys food.

"You can come out now!" I yell as I set the last egg on a plate. Each boy as three eggs and two toast as I have two eggs and two toast. I feel air flash around me before all three are sitting at the table quickly eating the food. I scowl at them and slam my hand down on the table grabbing their attention. "There will be no angel magic in my house is that understood." I placed my hands on my hips and glared at all the boys they looked down sheepishly. I huff before turning around and leaning against the counter with my back to them as I eat my food. I jump as hands are placed on my hips and I choke on my eggs as a chin is placed on my shoulder.

"We're sorry angel." I nods and start eating my food.

"You know, we have training to do missy!" Yells Chad as he's finishing up his toast.

"Oh don't you worry about that..." I smirk and keep eating my eggs.

"What you mean?" Asks Nolan.

"Oh nothing, besides I am going to work." I chuckle as I think about my "work"

"And what's work?" Hmm Nolan is very curious.

"Just have to do a little street fighting.." I place my dish in the sink and start rinsing it.

"DO WHAT NOW!!" Yells Tyler. I sigh before drying off my hands.

"I'm a street fighter. It's how I make my living for Lynn and I..." I stop talking once I realize what I said.

"Who's Lynn." I turn to see Chad staring at me with his eyebrows raised and arms crossed.

"Lynn would be my little sister and I'll hand you to the devil on a silver plater if you think of going any where near her!" I growl out at him and step forward threateningly.

"Easy kitty, we won't do anything to her besides protect her." His hands set on my shoulders pulling me back. I let him but still remain hard with my glare.

"Now I have practice to attend to so clean up while I go get ready." I yell over my shoulder as I sprint to my room.