"Too little. Whoever made this was a lot smaller than him."

"And it's new. The person who left this print wasn't here too long ago." Ruby added. "Which means...they might still be here."

--------------------------------

Now let's check in with the other half of trouble :D

And DUH, there's kind of a timeskip.

----------------------------------

"I'm starting to regret this decision." Kendall said, nervously glancing at the crevice.

"I regretted it as soon as I saw this thing." Dawson said. She and Kendall were walking along the edge of the canyon, a good ways behind the others. They weren't close enough to the edge to fall, but close enough to make them nervous.

"Guys, keep up! You're falling way behind!" Rush called to them from the front of the group. The two younger girls jogged to catch up.

"So what are we looking for, exactly?" Star asked.

"The end of the world." Myst deadpanned.

"Marshmallows!" Aranna offered, earning a strange look from most of her companions. Rush, Lukas, and Kendall just laughed. "I wish."

"Anything that could give us some clue of how this started." Logan said staunchly. The ground shook again, cracking into more fissures just a little ways away from their feet. Several of the group stepped away nervously, but Aiden leaned closer.

"Did you see that?"

"See what? Instant death?" Petra snarked. [God I love writing arguments between these two]

"No, those colors..." Aiden mused, feeling immensely perplexed.

"I saw it too!" Jasmine exclaimed. "When the ground split, there was this burst of color. Mostly kind of a light yellow, with a little bit of white and coralish-pink."

A rumbling sound came from the canyon, making the air vibrate. "Guys, get away from the edge!" Kendall cried. Jasmine and Aiden jumped back, still keeping their focus of the crevice.

"There!" Aranna called, pointing. "I saw the colors this time!"

"Me too." Lukas added. "It kinda reminds me of...nevermind. It's not possible."

"What?" Petra asked. Myst glared at the blonde boy. "There's no time for 'nevermind'. If you know something about this-"

Lukas interrupted her. "Okay, fine. The colors...they looked a little like the particle effects on the Command Block.

Dawson jumped. "The Command Block? The one in the Witherstorm?"

"That's the one." Lukas sighed. "Look, it was just a theory. There's no way that's connected. It's impossible."

"Not im-possible, just im-probable." Logan corrected. (*flings HTTYD references everywhere*)

"We never found out what happened to the Command Block before it was used in the Witherstorm..." Petra added.

"And it did belong to Soren." Rush pointed out.

"Wait wait wait hold on. I don't think I like where this is going." Star said in a panicky voice. "So now the Command Block is part of this mess?"

"Looks like it." Logan said heavily.

"Here's a theory." Kendall started. "Ivor programmed the Command Block to follow the amulet, right? What if he also programmed it to tear the world apart if it was broken? It's possible, right?"

"I don't know...I'm not sure that's possible, even for a Command Block." Jasmine mused.

"And Ivor would've told us if it was something like that. He's pretty nice nowadays." Petra added.

"That doesn't rule out Soren, though." Myst added gruffly.

"Hopefully the others will find him. We're...kind of doomed if they don't." Dawson muttered.

The group continued on, moving ever forward in hopes that they would find...what? The beginning of the crevice, or the end of the world?

-------------------------------------------

"It's another dead end." Megan called back to Gill and Minty. "Stupid Soren with his stupid fortress."

"We may as well head back to the others. There's no sign of him anywhere." Minty sighed.

Be on your guard.

"What?" Minty asked. The unfamiliar voice had come out of seemingly nowhere.

"We didn't say anything." Megan responded quizzically.

"I swear I heard..."

They're coming. Be on your guard.

"They're...who?" Minty asked, looking around for the source of the voice.

"Minty, what's wrong?" Gill asked. "You're talking to air."

"No, there's this weird voice. It's telling me to be careful."

"A voice? Are you sure it's isn't just in your head?" Megan teased.

"I..." Minty paused. "I don't know."

I'm not anywhere near you, Minty. I'm very far away, as a matter of fact.

"Then how can I hear you? You must be telepathic or something. Are you reading my mind?" Minty gasped.

No. I have no access to your thoughts. But I have to warn you. You and the rest of your group are in immediate danger.

"What's happening?" Minty asked the voice.

"That's what I'm wondering." Megan remarked.

"You hear a voice? A voice in your head telling you to be careful?" Gill checked.

"Yes, I swear it! He says we're in danger."

Not just you three. The rest of your group. They're coming.

"Who's coming? What do I do?"

Two women. They have terrible weapons and incredible skill. They'll kill you without a second thought. Go back to the rest of your group.

"O-okay." Minty stammered, still confused. "Alright, what's going on?" Megan asked. "Who is this voice and what are they telling you?"

"I don't know who they are. But he says that two people are on their way to kill us. We need to get back to the others." Minty said, explaining as best she could.

"And you don't recognize the voice? Why is it talking to you?" Gill asked.

"I don't know! Hey voice, who are you? Soren? Why are you telling me this?" Minty called. The three of them began to jog back the way they came.

I assure you, Minty, I am not Soren. And I chose to speak to you because you were the easiest to reach out to. I knew you would believe me.

"Are you calling me gullible?" Minty snapped.

Heavens no, Minty, I'm saying you're compassionate.

"Oh. Well that's good. But who are you? Why won't you tell me your name?"

Oh, sorry. My official name is Aaron, though many people know me by another.

"Would you just tell me already?!" His voice sounded...familiar somehow, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Why, you haven't guessed? Minty, I'm the narrator.

----------------------------

Ah ha ha ha

Things are getting iiiiiiiiiiiiiiintersting...

This chapter was 9 ¾ pages long in my notebook, NO JOKE! XDD

And this was actually one of my shorter chapters, sorry.

In other news, I'm working on an art of the Authors, but it might not be done for a while. We'll see.