Chapter 1.3 - I accept

Name of Part- I accept

A/N - I love it when people correct me on the sentences I wreck. (Unedited)

"Your lying" Carol roared, bewildered. "And why would anyone in their right brain be jubilant about rejection?" he asked, unaware of what happens after a man's defiance.

Her lips spread in a faint smile as she looked down in embarrassment, fiddling with her accessories. "You must think very poorly of me, but I don't joke when it comes to marriage, I can assure you" she said, playing a game of war with her fingers.

Dr. Carols frightening light blue eyes landed on her, studying what was left of the women he'd just encountered.

           "You're very sterling, but I must say it is unusual of you not begging to be married, since you know what happens to the women with brothers who don't" Carol pointed out, eyeing the little boy in the corner with two front baby teeth.

Rosemary glared at her brother, the one who's said to inherit everything once her father passes, leaving her with nothing but extra space on the street. She glowered, "Don't take my words to heart, when I say, I don't feel comfortable talking about it to a man like you"

                    "Of course" Dr. Carol said, not moving from his spot.

          Carol always had a thing for women who charmed him, and Rosemary by far, seemed to be one of those girls. But he wouldn't dare ask her for marriage, he was too old, too disfigured, Carol rather not scare the Lady.

He couldn't help but steal little glances from her here and there, not surprised of why Rosemary was petrified. He knew very well rejection meant no man would ever want to look at her again.

Then realization came upon him, she wasn't crying out of joy, or the fact she couldn't get a man to say "yes". She was crying because she was anxious.

"You don't have to hold your tears in" said Dr. Carol, "I won't mind"

             By his calm words, Rosemary lost all her strength. Dr. Carol gave her his handkerchief as she broke down her walls in sets of tears.

          "If you're trying to get what you want from me, you probably succeeded" she sobbed, begging him to get out. 

He pitied her, brushing his hand against her checks to wipe up some of the loose sorrow off her pale cheeks. "I never wanted to make you blubber, if that's what your accusing" he rasped, refusing to move.

"But you must know, you may be declined, but my friend is forever caught in the promise to your family, he cannot just break it" Carol mumbled.

             She continued her uncontrollable weep, drenching the man's handkerchief he'd given her.

Her life could go down two ways, but both directions were far too bleak to please her mind. "That makes it worse" she cried out, "why can't I live independently?  why can't life understand I do not need a partner to help me off my feet".

Carol was starting to loose his patience with this woman, if only Rosemary could she herself now, she doesn't look quite independent.

                 "If you don't mind me to be a little bold, maybe the reason you're being treated this way is because your genitals don't include a penis" he mumbled.

                Rosemary angrily turned to face him, her cheeks drizzling with wet stains.

When he didn't say anything, she turned back around toward the edge of the hallway. Melting by the sight of her baby brother as he played with his brand new army collection.