Chapter 23

Five Months Later

Jackie marks the book she's reading with a post it note, closes it and puts it on the top of the stack of books already on her desk. Leaning back in her chair, she places her hands on her huge belly and rubs it.

"Babies active today?" Tonya asks from the other side of the room as she stands from her desk.

Jackie nods. "Never fails." She sighs. "Harry comes in here before going on some run or something, kisses my belly, whispers to them and then they start jumping around in here like he's fed them sweets." She chuckles.

Tonya laughs. "Maybe they just love the sound of daddy's voice and can't wait to see him in person."

"I don't blame them." Jackie smiles. "I love the sound of daddy's voice also, especially when he's singing, but they don't have to use me as a punching bag to show their affection." She chuckles, then gasps.

Tonya walks up to Jackie quickly. "What is it?" She asks.

"Holy shit, this hurts like hell." Jackie grits out. "Where did Harry say he was going?" She asks.

"He didn't, do I need to call him?" Tonya asks Jackie as she helps her stand up.

"No I will as you drive me to the hospital." Jackie says. "And Tony, let's hurry." She says as she grips her friends arm as another contraction hits.

Harry is just putting the finishing touches on the nursery, with the help of Louis, Liam and Niall, as surprise for Jackie when his phone rings, looking down he sees her name.
"Hey babe, hungry again?" He asks.

"Oh, fuck me, no." Jackie snaps out, shocking Harry. "I'm in labor, get your ass to the hospital, Tony is driving me there now." She cries as another contraction rips through her.

"Shit, okay babe, just breath." Harry says as he runs out of the room, the others following him. Harry jumps into his patrol car, flips the lights and sirens on then speeds through town toward the hospital. Harry slides to a stop just as Tonya pulls up with Jackie, jumping out of his car, Harry runs to the passenger side and helps Jackie out, swings her into his arms and carries into the hospital.

Jackie wraps her arms around Harry's neck and relaxes now that he's with her. "I'm sorry I yelled." She whispers. "This hurts worse than I thought it would." She says.

"Babe, don't worry about that." Harry says, kissing her temple. "I'd be yelling worse than you did if I had to go through what you are." He says as the nurse shows them to a room.

"Help your wife into this gown, Sheriff Styles." The nurse says. "Dr. Jones will be here in a few minutes to see how dilated she is. I'm Cary, your nurse." She says as she hooks a belt to Jackie's stomach to monitor the babies.

Once Jackie is in the hospital gown Cary covers her with a warm blanket. "Okay, what have we got here?" Dr. Jones asks as she walks into the room. She walks up and gives Harry and Jackie a hug, then smiles. "Okay kids, let's see how long we have to wait to meet these babies. Jackie, honey, if you'll put your feet in the sturups, I'll check you." Sarah says.

Jackie does as Sarah asks, reaching out for Harry's hand, just as the doctor is done doing her job Jackie gasps as water gushes from between her legs, she then groans as another pain hits. Squeezing Harry's hand she hears him groan, looking up at him she sees how pale he is, looking down Jackie sees why. There's blood on the floor mixed with the water.
"What's wrong? Why is there blood?" Jackie asks, in a panic.

Sarah throws a towel over the fluids on the floor. "Guys don't worry about that, it happens sometimes." She says, she then turns to Cary. "Let's get these two to delivery." Sarah says, trying to keep her voice calm. "Harry, put this gown on, things may happen fast from here." She says as they push Jackie into the delivery room.

Harry rushes into the delivery room, to his Jack's side, just as Sarah also walks in. Grabbing Jackie's hand, he leans down and kisses her sweaty forehead. "I love you." He whispers.

"Love you." Jackie says back, slightly out of breath.

"Okay, Jackie, with the next contraction push with all you have." Dr. Jones says. "Let's get these twins born so they can meet daddy."

As soon as the next pain hits, Jackie grabs the bed rails, sits up and pushes with all she has, when Harry sees this he wraps his arm around her back for support, whispering in her ear the whole time. Suddenly a loud cry echoes through the room, and Harry's head pops up as he lowers Jackie carefully down on the bed. "Oh, what do we have?" Jackie pants.

"Looks like baby one is a healthy boy. Daddy, would you like to cut the cord?" Dr. Jones asks holding out the scissors.

Harry does as the doctor instructs just as another contraction rips through Jackie, dropping the scissors on the floor, Harry jumps to her side. "I've got you." He whispers.

"Okay, let's get baby two born." Sarah smiles.

Two minutes later the nurse is laying the tightly bundled, twins into Jackie's arms. "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Styles you both have very healthy identical twin baby boys." Cary says before she leaves them alone.

"Oh God, Harry, they're perfect." Jackie sobs, as she looks down at her kids for the first time.

Harry lays his head down beside hers, kissing her cheek. "So are you, love, so are you." He cries as he wraps his arms around his family.