Chapter 13 - Paris, Ooh La La!

Filler chapter! SOOORRYY :( LOve you guys! <333

Singingxinxthexrain

I'm Going to Be A Mom ... At 17?! (A Teen Pregnancy Story)

Chapter 13 - Paris, Ooh La La!

"Hello?" 

"Jenna, you will not believe this." Emily's excited voice giggled into the phone. "Ben has four plane tickets and a reservation at a super-fancy hotel! Guess where?"

"I have no idea, where?" I asked, flipping through Pregnancy Magazine and Teen Vogue. I squished the phone in between my ear and my shoulder, licking my finger and turning the page as she talked.

"PARIS! PARIS, FRANCE! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!" She screamed. 

"Oh wow, that's great! Who's he taking? You, Ben, and his parents?" I asked.

She laughed. "Nope! Guess again." 

"Uh. You, Ben, and... one of his friends and that friend's girlfriend?" I guessed.

"No! Try again." I could practically hear her smile through the phone.

"I seriously have no idea. Tell me." I leaned closer towards the photo in the magazine, observing Kendall Kardashian's intricate necklace.

"ME YOU BEN AND ISAAC! WE'RE GOING TO PARIS! OH MY GOSH AREN'T YOU EXCITED YOU HAVE TO COME PLEASE JENNA WE-"

"Whoa whoa hold on a sec!" I yelled into the phone. She fell silent. "Did you say Ben's inviting us to come to Paris?"

"Yes!" she squealed.

"When, when?" I demanded. My pulse was speeding up.

"This weekend. The flight takes off on Saturday evening. Plleeeeeeease Jenna please ask your dad! You have to come!" she begged like a small child.

"Yeah of course I'll ask my dad! Oh my gosh! Where did he get the tickets? How...? The money...?" I faltered.

"I think his parents wanted to treat us four to a special grad trip. They're really rich so it's no surprise they can afford it! I'm soooo excited! Jenna go ask your dad right now!" she told me.

"Okay, okay! I will."

"Okay bye Jenna! Hopefully he says yes!"

"Yeah, bye!" I hung up and ran downstairs, which was quite a feat, considering I'd already put on 15 pounds since the beginning of my pregnancy. So, it was more like I hobbled down the stairs. I couldn't see my knees nowadays.

"Hey! Dad, you busy?" I said, panting. I bent over, putting a hand on the marble counter.

He was sitting on a stool by the counter, typing on his laptop. He looked over at me and frowned. "Jenna, you shouldn't push yourself until you're out of breath. Take it easy," he told me.

"Sorry, I just... I need to ask you something," I said. "Emily just called me and she told me that Ben's parents got him four plane tickets to Paris and booked rooms in a fancy hotel as a grad trip present to me, Emily, Isaac, and him. Can I please go?" I asked. "Please? It would be so much fun, I wouldn't get into trouble, I promise! I-" 

"Not in your current state, Jenna, no." He turned back to his computer screen and acted like nothing had happened.

Anger flared inside of me. "Dad, come on, I-"

"Jenna," he said firmly, "No."

"Dad, you haven't even given me a chance to explain-"

"That's okay, I've heard enough."

"Dad, that's so unfair!" I yelled. "Can you just listen to me please?"

He sighed. "Fine, go ahead." He ran his hand over his face and through his hair.

"So I was saying," I said angrily, "that I would not get into trouble. I know I'm pregnant but I'm not going to drink, smoke, go to any bars, or anything. I'm almost eighteen years old, Dad, and I know how to keep myself out of danger, okay? I know it's just us four, but we will be careful. Plus, you know Ben, Emily, and Isaac! They're trustworthy and reliable. Look, I'll have my cellphone with me and I can call you everyday if you want. Please, Dad... can you call Ben's parents and talk it through with them?" I looked at him pleadingly. "Here, I have their number-"

"It's okay, I have it too."

I looked at him, confused. Was he going to or not...?

"C'mon, pass me the phone."

I squealed and jumped up, then grabbed the phone out of its charger and handed it to him. "Thanks so much Dad, I love you!" I kissed his head.

"Now now, this doesn't mean yes, okay? I'm just calling them to talk it through. Got it?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Okay Dad. I understand." I kissed his head again and ran upstairs, then collapsed on the bed from exhaustion. I had to stop running, it was seriously tiring. I was really hoping he'd say yes. Once my breathing had slowed down, I went to the top of the stairs and listened. I heard my father's deep chuckle and his low voice talking. 

"Okay, thanks. Bye." I heard him say. My heartbeat picked up.

"Jenna?" he called. "Come down here please."

"Okay," I yelled back. It took extreme efforts not to run down the stairs again because I was so excited, but I forced myself to go down slowly. I got to the bottom of the stairs and walked over to where my dad was sitting. "Yeah?"

"So, I've come upon an answer," he said. There was a moment of silence. "No."

My jaw fell open. "You can't be-"

"I'm just joking! You can go." He held up his hands defensively.

"Really?" I asked, a smile spreading across my face.

"Yes. Ben's parents are very convincing." The familiar twinkle in my dad's eyes replaced the severe look in them, and I gave him a huge hug. "Thank you SO much Dad."

"Just be careful, okay?" he told me. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I promise," I told him, and went back upstairs to call Emily. She screamed upon hearing the news and I screamed as well. After a long screaming session over the phone, I hung up and went to my closet, climbing on a stool to access the higher part of it. I dragged out my big green suitcase and dropped it on the ground, resulting in a huge thunk.

"Jenna? Are you still alive?" Dad called from downstairs.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, that was just my suitcase." I stepped off the stool and heaved it onto my bed.

"Okay, good," he answered.

I pulled open my drawers and started pulling out clothes. I couldn't wait until Saturday! This was going to be amazing!