Twelve...

Bruised, bloodied, nearing death, I was discarded on the floor like a rag doll. I was bleeding from the head again, could not move my left arm, my eyes were swollen in which I could not even see out of. My whole body was on fire, burning to every inch. The room was silent around me, nothing moved, not even a wind. Kyle was gone, had walked out, smashing to table in anger before he had left. My clothes were more tone then before, nothing of my top could be salvaged as it laid in rags on the floor covered in blood. My breathing was deep, and painful and hard to keep steady. He had gone too far this time. He had broken my new found spirit, yet once again, for the third time, he was pulled away, called to attend to something else. It had been very close and I was extremely scared of what was to come next.

The worst I had ever felt, I just simply wanted to die. I wanted to bleed out and be gone, so he could not continue hurting me, so he could not do to me what he wanted. I had refused him, and so he wanted to take it by force. His force was stronger than mine, but I had gotten lucky. This time, and I knew this time was the last luck I was going to get. I coughed, bringing up something nasty from my chest and throat. I tried to use my right arm to lift me from the floor but in weakness I collapsed back down. I did not even have the body strength to move to the bed, to at least try and cover my upper body. I still at least had my skirt, though it was also torn and ripped, leaving holes in places.

I heard footsteps enter the room, but things still stayed in silence. I didn't look up, it was pointless, I could not even see out of my swollen eyes. Whoever had entered the room did not say anything to me either. They just busied themselves with the smashed table and food and then left again, the doors closing and being locked after them. I rested my head against the cold stone floor, crying and hoping that I would soon either choke on my own blood or simply pass away from the pain and torment I have just received.

"Do not let yourself go." a soft tone whispered in my ear. I felt frozen. I had not heard anyone else re-enter the room and I knew this was not Kyle or his mother. I tried to see who was there, but I could not. Something was placed over me, warming me. I coughed again, and cried out in pain when I felt an arm slip under my neck and another under my legs. The difference in this pain was just inner body pain, from the broken bones and injuries I had just received. The difference with this touch was that it did not burn, like normally happened when ever a demon touched me. Who ever was there was no demon. I wondered if I was in my dream plane again and Gabe had found me. However, I felt within my mind that I was not there. That I was was still in the room of Kyle's, but somebody else was there and I did not know who.

I was lifted from the floor, held against something firm. Who ever had me was carrying me, moving. I turned my head into their body, to stable my spinning head. I heard some noises, more foot steps and a cry of surprise. "How did you get in here!" a voice asked. It sounded like Beth and it sounded like whoever it was that had me was not welcome at all. "Put her back. She is not yours!" Beth hissed. There was a loud bang and a groan and silence. The person started moving again, calmly as if they were not in any rush. "You young one, are a fool to think you could have hidden her forever. You may have been smart enough to block the others. Me. No. Not me." another voice spoke. The same one who had spoken to me in the room. Their voice was strong, ruling and I knew this was not just anyone. The words he spoke and the tones he used, this was somebody very powerful, strong and not to be messed with. "He will hunt you." Beth spoke, though it sounded like she was out of breath this time, hurt even. "Let him try. Let that devil of a mother of yours try." the other spoke.

**

"Michael." a faint voice spoke, soundingshocked and impressed. I felt like passing out, like I could not hold on any longer. There was silence, but I could feel a presence more than just the one who had me. "Why have you come?" the same voice asked, worried, scared of what an answer may have been. "I was not sent here. I came of my own doing." the voice who help me spoke back in return. "I have come with something very important, but we need help."

**

"No." I heard this Michael spoke. I felt like I was losing parts of conversations, or things happening. "Close to it, but I caused some trouble and got her out."

**

"Do you think she can hear us? Do you think he knows yet?" a muffled voice asked.