Nine...

It was the end of the weekend by the time everything was restored to half functional. Power was back up, lines and networks were working again, but the weather was still partly forbidding. It was in good time too, for that week our exams were meant to start and it meant we could all go back to school and get things sorted. The English classes were closed off and so most of those subject took place in spare rooms in the main building or the library. The Drama room was ok, even though it was not part of the main building, it was not as portable as the English rooms.

The good thing was that the flash flooding did not happen, but the news reported that the weather was just as bad that it did cause a lot of damage, just like a flash flooding would. In all, there was no mass deaths. A few lives did get close to being lost, and the hospitals did fill up, mainly with elderly, but the Guardians worked hard to make sure everything was ok.

I on the other hand, was not left alone. Alex had reported to his father about Kyle speaking to my mind and this scared many of the Guardians. Some of them thought I could not be trusted and wondered if I was actually a demon like him. I was a little upset by this, but Mrs John told them all the get a grip. She explained that I was anything but a demon, for Kyle would not affect me in the way he did when he touched me if I was. I had the support of my friends as well to back me up and I was very thankful of them.

As the exams progressed, a few people cracked it under the stress. I asked the others if they had done exams before. I was surprised to find out that none of them had done so before. This was the first time they had been in a position where they could freely do exams and so they were enjoying the experiences. I liked that, to see they got to experience something like this, it was good. Tough but good. When it finally came to the exam for Drama, our night of performance was a hit. Both plays were going well, the Romeo and Juliet provided that typical tragic love story, where as Unchanged provided a story of mystery. I had a feeling, if it had not been flooded with Guardians watching, Kyle would have shown up in the audience, but it never happened and I was simply glad for that. I enjoyed the play I was in and the part I performed, I had a lot of fun and so did everyone else. The audience were shocked with how the play turned around, and that it was revealed that the Police Office was the original crime doer and had framed Jack. Gabe played his part well and put real character to the story. He was the one that won in the end, his character and everyone cheered at the end.

The next weekend, the weather started to get better again. Less rain and a little more sun shining through. It was still bitterly cold as winter had fully set in. We spent most of our time either at Alex's or Abby's hanging out, studying and just simply being teens. Then it was the Music Night. I went along with Gabe, Matthew, Alex and April. Claire was working again and Beth was making her own way there. We were pleased too with our tickets, though I had a feeling that Abby took part in that. She got us reserved seats, up in a balcony where we could get a clear view of everything. We were also joined by Mrs John and Alex's father and mother. Beth greeted them naturally like she had known them for years, but the rest of us knew why they were there. One to watch the performances, but another was to make sure nothing else happened tonight.

Abby's band were the opening act and when they finished, they announced the night and who would be playing. It was very exciting and was promising to be a wonderful night. I shared some enjoyment with April and Beth over the music while the boys sat back and watched. The whole audience was enjoying it. Though there were a few bands that needed to work on their studies a little more to sound perfect it was not too bad. In Abby's band she played the piano, and filled in with singing. Mainly they had a guy singer for their group, which was a different turn to most of the music groups this year. It was a good mix, and Abby was again to gain a solo song for a bit of extra credit.

We knew the night was almost coming to an end and knew it would be dark and late when we all got out, but none of us minded. We had all planned to go back to Alex's house in the end and just chill out for a little while to wind down. That was meant to be the plan, until I had that feeling in the gut of my stomach. I looked to Gabe and told him, I did not feel right. He signaled to the adults and I could tell they went on alert, letting the others spotted around the audience know. I thought it was foolish, for Kyle to come here, when there was so many around, but I never took it into account that he had reorganised his whole idea to get back at me for stopping the mass deaths from flooding. It was more shocking how he had planned it out, catching us off guard.