Two...

It all happened in the last subject of the day, after lunch. Abby went off to music, Claire and April headed to art and I was destined for Drama. The perfect fitting for everything that did happen. It seemed at the end of the day, the school had the easy subjects, meant to be a way for the students to relax, before going home and sticking their heads into homework. So it was clear some students that used these lessons as a joke. In town, I did drama every year at school. I loved it, enjoyed everything about the performing arts. I was excited and nervous at the same time when I walked through the class door.

The room was HUGE! The biggest I had ever seen. The door was at the back, behind many many rows of seats that all went up and the room sank down. It was almost like going to the movies. Only, instead of just a big screen, there was also a stage, lighting all over the roof and a control room off the the side. I was sure with the magnitude of the room, there were other doors that would lead one off to the change rooms as well. To the front of the class were the rest of the students ready for the lesson. They were all sitting in seats and waiting. The teacher, which on my form said their name was Mr Menth, did not seem to be anywhere in site currently, and so nobody had an idea what they were meant to be doing.

I walked down the steps to the front, not giving anyone complete eye contact, and found myself a seat on the edge of the group. It would seem these students all knew each other, all were those whom did drama the previous years and knew who could do what in their class. A couple of them stole glances at me, wondering why I was even bothering, at least that was the expression on a couple of their faces. Mainly one of the males of the classroom, along with two other girls. I knew not to get in their way, they seemed like the type to always be the lead. That did not bother me. As long as I was able to pass, then I would be happy.

Five minutes later, the teacher walked onto the sage from the right, carrying a bundle of papers in his arms. He looked around at the class and smiled. "Well, it looks like we have the usual crew, plus.... ah yes, Miss Rodgers. The school's newest student. Welcome." he spoke in such a dramatic way, I wondered if this was his way of normal talk, or he was already trying to put on a show. Even so, he did not falter and he continued on. "This year, we are going to shake things up. This year, instead of competing with our regular school, we will be combining." he announced with excitement. A few of the students clapped and cheered, some other clearly were not impressed and started to protest this option.

It was not long however, before the whole class fell into silence again when the doors came crashing open and two dark figures appeared in the doorway. Nobody could see whom it actually was considering they had the light behind them and it was too far from the front to see clearly. There were a few whispers and then the two people started to move forwards, coming down the stairs and the visions of them became clearer. One, was darked skin, short cut black hair and brown eyes. He was general height and winked at the class as he moved to the stage and sat down on the edge. His companion was the complete opposite. Striking blue eyes, blonde hair that was in the current fashion of short sides, little longer top, enough to give a little spike with gel. What caught my attention though was this guy, had the same odd glow as to what Abby had. It made me question, they were either related or dating. They did however, seem to look the same, tall and slim, with the same secret understanding, like they were far above most others in quality of genetics.

He caught me looking and our eyes met again. I held my breath. I knew his face, now that I could see him a lot better. He had been that guy from earlier in the day, on the bikes. He had been the one to look back. I was stunned, I had not expected to see him or any of the other bike riders again, but here it was, one.... or maybe two of them had entered into the Drama class. "Mr John, Mr Andrews, what are you two doing, disrupting my class?" the drama teacher asked. The guy broke eye contact and looked to the teacher, a smile crossing his face that made the other girls giggle and whisper. If the last name was anything but a tell all, it was clear this guy was siblings with Abby and that they had the same appeal as each other. "Why, Mr Menth, I have decided to grace your class with my presence and skills this year. I am taking drama, both myself and Matthew here. We got bored of Art, so we transferred in, for something more exciting." he claimed.