Chapter 6: Dance of Storm

As our dinner drew to a close, I couldn't help but notice a restless unease in Silas's demeanor. He kept stealing glances at his wristwatch and scanning the surroundings, as if searching for something or someone. Curiosity piqued, I decided to inquire about his apparent restlessness.

"Is there a problem, Si— Pier?"

He nodded, appearing hesitant to share his thoughts, but he eventually moved his chair closer to mine, seeking a measure of privacy in the bustling restaurant.

"I hope you don't mind if I sit beside you, just being careful so Gabriel won't overhear our conversation," he explained. Then, in a somewhat somber tone, he divulged the reason for his anxiety. "I received a message from my mother. They're here and want to meet you," he disclosed.

The words hung in the air, and my jaw dropped in disbelief. Panic surged through my veins like a sudden gust of wind. I looked at him in disbelief. Okay, I feel like it is kind of hard to breathe right now. I brushed my hair back with my fingers as I tried to find what to say to him. I am not prepared to meet anybody's parents.

"You mean right now? Is that why you look like you're waiting for something in the past minute? Why would you arrange that today? I thought I was going to meet them after this week. Why now? I looked like a potato!" I rant in a whisper, as I don't want Gabriel to hear me.

"I'm sorry if this so abrupt. They insisted. I don't know what to do with Gabriel," and we both looked at him. "We can't meet my family with him. They will think he's mine." He apologized.

I took my phone out and checked if Morgan had a new message. She's been updating me and saw from her text that she's on the way to the resort. I gave the phone to Silas and showed him Morgan's message.

"She will be here in a few moments. Just pray that she will arrive first before your family does. I can't believe I'm meeting them today. We haven't even discussed the details yet of our marriage. Like when and where we met. Simple details, Silas. I need them," I said in apparent panic.

Silas put my phone on the table and touched my arms. "Calm down, Isla. You're good. We're good. Everything's going to be fine. You don't have to panic. Please don't panic. You look beautiful, and they're going to love you. Okay?"

Thankfully, Morgan arrived just in the nick of time, sparing me from meeting Silas' family unprepared. As she explained that my father and Mariana had already left, I assured her that I held no ill feelings towards my father. I understood his responsibility to care for his wife, and although I longed for a different situation, I didn't harbor any resentment.

"Please call me when you get home," I requested as she prepared to leave.

"Thank you again, Isla. I'm so sorry for ruining your night. Congratulations on your wedding," she said sincerely, bidding farewell to both Silas and me.

As Morgan hugged me and apologized once more for the unexpected turn of events, I reassured her that it was not her fault. She had been a pillar of support throughout this journey, and I was grateful for her presence and understanding. With a heartfelt goodbye, she left Silas and me alone to face the impending meeting with his family.

As the minutes ticked by, Silas' anxiety seemed to grow. He paced on his seat and continuously checked his watch. I realized how important this meeting was for him, and I knew it was time for me to reciprocate the support he had given me earlier.

"Hey," I said, gently turning his face towards mine with my fingers, "It's your turn to calm down. I've already made peace with meeting your family right now. I believe I'll be fine, and you should too. We need to face this together and do it right. So, can you give me the details?" I urged, determined to be a source of strength for him as he had been for me.