Chapter Nine

I walk into the arena. My opponent, some girl who has two whips at her side, walks out too. We just kinda... stare at each other. We don't say anything. The crowd is watching quietly. We reach the center and stop, watching each other closely. She grabs her whips and opens a small panel in the hilt of each one. She puts in dust rods and cracks the whips. They then spark with the power of the dust rods, one one fire, while the other has wind swirling around it. The crowd cheers and claps when they see this. It gets quiet and everyone looks at me. I reach behind me and grab the hilts of my swords. I pull the triggers on each sword. The heavy magnet locks deactivate and I pull. The long red blades come free, and I look at them. I pull the triggers and flip these two little switches on the hilt, causing the swords to spark and electricity ran up and down the blades. The crowd cheers. She gets into a fighting position, and I do the same. The match starts. I sprint at her. She cracks her whip at me. I dodge and sprint, jumping and slashing at her. She dodges and cracks both whips in my direction. I dodge and sing, knocking the wind whip out of her hand. She swings the other one at me. I kick her in the gut and knock her back. She turns at me and cracks the fire whip. My sleeve catches on fire and I jump back. I put the fire out and sprint at her. I knock the whip out of her hand, then hit another switch on my swords and I shoot a jet of water at her, soaking her. I then slash her wet clothes, causing the electricity from my blades to arc across her body. She passes out from the voltage. I sheath my swords and turn to the exit. I leave while hearing the crowd chanting my name.