Chapter 10

"Octavia, this is stupid!" Clarke said with crossed arms.
"C'mon, Clarke! We have to do this now! We need to get back down there before they start worrying!" Octavia said. Clarke rolled her eyes and sighed. Octavia wasn't going to let her go till they did this. "Ok. Now, I'm my brother, your you when you two start dancing again. Go." Octavia smiled. Clarke sighed.
"Hey, Bellamy, can I talk to you?"
"Course, Princess." Octavia mimicked what he'd say. "Everything ok?"
"Yeah its just... I was wondering if I could plan our next date. I have something special in mind."
"Oh, care to tell?"
"It's a suprise." Clarke smiled. Octavia stepped closer.
"It's don't really like suprises."
"You'll like this one. Just wait."
"Well ok Princess." Octavia stepped back. "That was great! Now remember-"
"Don't kiss him yet." Clarke sighed. "It's don't know... I don't think I could push him away again."
"If he tries to kiss you, kiss his cheek." Octavia instructs.
"Well I could but-"
"What's that on your desk?" Octavia asked. Clarke looked back to see a wooden box with latches and a handle. She walked over, and opened the box to see art supplies and a note. Clarke closed the box so Octavia couldn't see but took the note. It read:

Dear Princess,

I'm sorry I invaded your personal things. But, at least I found out what you'd like for your birthday.

Your lady in waiting doesn't know what's inside. Only that I asked her to put it on the desk. Keep drawing. Sometimes it's hard to see the beauty in things and you really bring it out.

Thanks for confirming my good looks, by the way. I knew I was attractive but now I know how much.

Happy Birthday,

Bellamy

"Bellamy..." Clarke whispered. She put the note down, under the box.
"What is it?"
"Nothing. My father must've left something here." She tried. " Let's go. Bellamy and Lincoln are waiting." Clarke said and walked out smiling.

***

"Hey." Clarke walked up to Bellamy.
"Hey, wanna go dance some more or go walk in the garden?" He offered.
"Garden sounds lovely." She nodded and they went.

"I saw my gift." Clarke smiled as they walked in the garden, arms linked.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yep. I love it." Clarke said.
"Good. Wasn't easy trying to find what to get you."
"Yeah, I'm hard to shop for I guess."
"Well at least I managed." He smiled. They were quiet for a moment.
"Would you mind if I drew you?"
"I think you already did that."
"But that was off memory. And I didn't have colors or anything. It was a simple sketch."
"If you want, I'd be honored." Bellamy said making her smile happily.
"Thank you."
"Ah, don't worry about it. Just gives me an excuse to be alone with you." He joked partially. She laughed.
"Watch yourself, Bellamy." Clarke warned.
"What? Can't blame me, wanting to be alone with you." He scoffed. Clarke blushed. She suddenly wanted to kiss him. She wanted their touch do the talking because she didn't know how to respond.
"Bellamy, are you intrested in me?" She blurted. They stop walking and he faces her.
"What?" He asked. Clarke turned red but he couldn't see very well with the garden lit with dim lanterns.
"I don't know when to take you seriously anymore... you've almost kissed me more than once and I wanna know if it's all for sport or if you're genuine." Clarke spills. Bellamy didn't know how to respond. Does he tell her he loves her? No, she might reject him. But he can't say no. She might feel the same!
"If you're going to reject me, then it shouldn't matter." He tried to dance around it. Bellamy went to go, but she gripped his arm. Clarke placed a hand on the back of his neck and pulled him to her. Sorry, Octavia. Clarke thought. But they suddenly heard Abby call for them. They froze. Bellamy was the first to pull away.
"We... we should go inside." He spoke softly and they went. Abby and Jake greeted them upon getting inside.
"Hey, where have you two been?" Abby asked. Clarke and Bellamy looked at eachother, not knowing what to say or do. Bellamy spoke up,
"We went for a walk through the garden." He didn't lie. Jake nodded.
"Well its time."
"Time for what?" Clarke asked her father.
"Time for your birthday gift... Clarke, you are going to officially be crown a Princess tonight. We've been setting it up and luckily we kept you in the dark about it."
"Wait, seriously?" Clarke smiled.
"It's your day, kiddo." Her father smiled. Clarke let out a breathe and looked at Bellamy. He grinned at her knowingly and without thinking, Clarke jumped and hugged him. He hugged her back.

After that, everyone went to the throne room. A big cerimony was set. Bellamy stood with Octavia and Lincoln in the front row.
"Why are you smiling like that?" Octavia whispered to Bellamy, suspiciously.
"I'm happy for her." He shrugged. A few seconds after that, the doors open and Clarke enters. She had her mask off and smiled brightly. She walked down the room and knelt before her parents.
"Clarke Elizabeth Griffin, do you swear to go by and enforce your kingdoms laws when you become queen?"
"Yes."
"Do you accept your responsibility as Princess of this Kingdom?"
"Yes."
"Finally, my daughter, do you swear to do good by your people?"
"Yes." She smiled proud. Her father smiled back.
"Then I pronounce you, Clarke Elizabeth Griffin, Princess of Arkadia." He set the crown in her head. Everyone cheered.

***

Bellamy and Clarke walked together around the castle quietly. Clarke still had her crown on.
"So, how does it feel being an official Princess, Princess?" He smirked.
"Feels... unreal..." She smiled. "It was like... I don't know!" She laughed.
"It'll feel like that for a while." Bellamy said.
"Why don't I ever see you in your crown?"
"Too heavy to wear all the time." He complained.
"I'd like to see you in it." She leaned closer flirtatiously. He grinned but stepped back.
"Only when you agree to marry me." He winked and walked ahead of her. He's being distant. I knew it. I blew my chance with him. Clarke walked next to him suddenly quiet. Bellamy got concerned. "You know, now that your shouldering more responsibility, we won't be able to see eachother as much."
"Is that suppose to make me feel better?" She looked at him.
"Well, it means you're becoming more important to your people and to other countries. Esspecially sense you got the title a year before you were supposed to."
"Great, I get to spend more time with boring old guys."
"Hey, I am not old, and I am definitely not boring." He tries to make her laugh but she barely smiled. "Hey, you ok?" He asked.
"Yeah, fine." She shrugged and looked away.
"No you're not." He sighed. "Come on, what is it?"
"Nothing."
"Princess-"
"Would you stop calling me that?"
"What? Now that you officially have your title? No way!" He laughed. "Seriously, what's going on?"
"I... I just got really tired all of the sudden." She didn't lie.
"Well, good thing we're at your stop." He smiled. She looked up at him, pained. She felt like she lost him forever.
"Bellamy?" She said. "When I almost kissed you-"
"Don't worry about it." He shook his head. "I get it. You felt bad. But don't worry, really. I'm over it." He lied through his teeth. Clarke felt her heart ache.
"Oh." She said, holding back tears. "Yeah... of course." She looked away to unlock her door and let a tear fall. "Night, Bellamy." She said and quickly went in her room.
"Night, Clarke." He said quietly after he knew the door was closed. He took a deep breath. That was hard. He thought.

***Next morning***

"Where's Clarke?" Abby asked, making her absence known.
"She said she was tired. Maybe she slept in." Bellamy suggested.
"No." A maid spoke up.
"What?"
"The Princess simply refused to come out of her room." She explained.
"Must be sick." Abby figured. But Octavia was suspicious.

Octavia went up and knocked on her door.
"Clarke, it's me." She said but got no response. Octavia went in and saw her sniffling on her bed. "Clarke?"
"Leave me." She demanded.
"Clarke, what's wrong?"
"Just go!" She said a little louder.
"Clarke, tell me what's wrong!" Octavia demanded, sitting on her bed. Clarke sat up, hugging a pillow and told her everything.
"And then he said he was over it." She sniffled.
"Oh, Clarke, you know he didn't mean it!"
"You don't know that."
"Yes, I do! You just need to tell him-"
"I tried!" Clarke pointed out. "I tried."

***

Bellamy jumped at the sound of Octavia banging down his door. He opened it up and felt sudden regret of doing so upon seeing her angered face.
"Not you too." He sighed.
"What the hell?"
"What the hell what?"
"You told her your over her?" Octavia crossed her arms. Bellamy looked at her shocked and confused.
"Uh... well-"
"You do realize she tried to kiss you right? Then you go and tell her you're over her?"
"She told you that?"
"And more! While she cried!"
"Cried? Over me?"
"Did I studder?" Octavia glared. Bellamy got upset.
"I see. She sent you right? Tell me I need to apologize?"
"She doesn't know I'm here. She thinks she's lost her chance with you or something."
"That's crazy."
"I know! But after last night, she's convinced. She doesn't even want to see you anymore."
"That's not like her. She's usually the mature one."
"Love." Octavia threw her arms up in defeat. Bellamy breathed in deeply.
"I have a really bad idea." He said.

*** Sorry not sorry. 😂

Hope you liked the chapter! Thanks for reading and I love you! ❤

Love,

T-Rex aka Queen of Bellarke 👑 * * *