Chapter 7

Their date tonight was different than others. For many reasons. The motives were different. The atmosphere was different. They we're different along with their feelings for eachother. Clarke denied she had any romantic intrest in him. Though, her obsession with a particular curl in her hair said otherwise. Bellamy was aware he was starting to be attracted to her and felt a need to make the night as non romantic as humanly possible. Octavia was doing her best to make sure it was the most romantic night of their lives.
"You sure it's not to much?" Clarke asked, looking in her full body mirror.
"It's just a outfit, Clarke."
"I know it's the training grounds but... I've never worn pants." She blushed.
"It's what's appropriate to train." Octavia insisted. "If you didn't want to wear pants, you should have told him when he told you about the date... who plans a date like this anyway? No wonder he's a Batchelor." Octavia murmured making Clarke laugh. There was a knock on her door.
"It's Bellamy." Clarke said. "That's it, I'm changing."
"Oh, no you're not!" Octavia ran to the door to open it.
"Octavia, No!" Clarke rushed up behind her to stop her. But it was too late.
"Bellamy!" Octavia greeted with a smile. Bellamy smiled until he saw Clarke. Immediately, he looked away.
"Oh, Clarke, I'm sorry. I didn't know you wernt ready."
"She is, actually. She's wearing pants." Octavia explained. Bellamy swollowed. He wasn't planning on this.
"You don't wear this when you train with Linclon, do you?" He asked.
"It's time for you two to go." Octavia was practically kicking them out the door. Clarke stepped closer to Bellamy. He noticed her loose long sleeve shirt that was held close to her body by a brown corset. She wore brown fitted pants that exposed the shape of her legs. She had brown boots that complimented the outfit. Clarke felt her heart beat as her bedroom door closed with Octavia inside.
"It was her idea... not mine." Clarke said.
"No... it's fine. Your going to need to move well. Sword fighting is an art." He tried to lighten the mood as they started to walk.
"Ah, well, I wouldn't know much about it then." She lied. Not only was she good with a pencil and paper, but she did train with a sword since Bellamy suggested it five years ago.
"No way! I saw you when we were captured by Murphy. You held you're own- at least."
"Yes, I did so well, we were captured."
"It wasn't a fair fight. Had it been one on one I'm sure you would've done fine." He reassured. Despite knowing she was better than he suspected, she was flatered.
"Thank you." She said sincerely. "I'm sure Lincoln is only slightly better than you." She joked.
"He got lucky."
"He's been 'getting lucky' for five years, Bellamy." Clarke smiled.
"Whatever. I bet him last time."
"Sure." Clarke doubted.
"You don't believe me?" Bellamy smiled. "Octavia was there. She'll testify."
"Don't be ashamed. Someone has to be better than you at something."
"Now you make me want to get Lincoln."
"Yes, bring another man to see me in pants." She reminds.
"Ok, nevermind." They laugh. They went to the training grounds. There, Bellamy handed her a sword. "So how much do you know?"
"Oh, not much." Clarke lied.
"Well, let's see, attack me."
"What?"
"Attack me." He encouraged. Clarke stood there for a second but shrugged and swung at him. He deflected it. "Ok, not bad. Again. This time, try to get closer." Clarke did what he said. They sparred for a while. Then, Bellamy wanted to teach her a few moves. He stood right behind her.
"Ok, now just move your arm up a bit." He adjusted her arm with his right hand while his left rested on her left shoulder.
"Like this?" She moved. Bellamy noticed their position. He was thrown by the intamacy of having her so close.
"Uh... yeah. That's good." He snapped out of it and moved away. He grabbed a sword of his own and they went back to sparring. Clarke finally decided to show him what she's made of. They circled eachother for a while. Bellamy got tired of waiting and moved foreward. He moved his sword out to have it met and pushed away. "Good." Bellamy approved. He moved foreward again and the real action started. Their swords hit and made a click sound. Bellamy was pushing Clarke back so she pushed back and pressed close. They were looking each other in the eye. Between the swords, they stared at eachother until Clarke moved her right arm to her left. The handle of the sword caught on Bellamy's blade and pushed it away. Clarke moves her arm back and pushes Bellamy in a wooden post, her blade to his throat.
"I win." Clarke smiled.
"You sure about that?" Bellamy smiled too. Clarke looked between them to see a knife to her side. She let out a breathe and moved away from him.
"You're a lot better than you lead me to believe." Bellamy said.
"That was part of it." She explained. "If you underestimate your opponent, you are likely to loose."
"True." He agreed. They did a few more rounds. Some Clarke won, some Bellamy, and some were ties. There was one, though, Clarke stood on the edge of a platform. Below was a pile of hay. Bellamy was still fighting her.
"Bellamy, wait. I'm getting to close to the edge." She warned, but he continued. "Bellamy." She warned, worriedly. "Bellamy... Bellamy, stop!" She was getting closer and closer. Bellamy swung at her and she stepped back on the edge. She dropped her sword and started waving her arms. "Bellamy!" She called, feeling herself fall. Bellamy dropped his sword when he realized what was happening and grabbed her arm. But it was too late. Clarke pulled Bellamy with her and they fell in the hay together. Bellamy immediately tried getting off her.
"Im so sorry." Bellamy said. It was difficult trying to get out of hay so he accidentally placed a hand on her hip as a support. Clarke placed her hand over his. They looked at each other. Their faces were so close. Bellamy took her here because he figured it would be the least romantic thing to do. But, here they were, inches away from a kiss. Bellamy shook his head and moved away. Once he was out of the hay, he helped Clarke get out, gripping her arm and pulling her to her feet. They lingered there for a moment and Bellamy pulled away again. Clarke felt confused. I hate him. She told herself. I hate him... don't I? Clarke told herself over and over why they didn't get along. Why he was such an ass. It worked up to the point he handed her, her sword she dropped.
"Here." He handed it to her. "I am so sorry. I thought you were kidding or trying to fool me-"
"It's ok." She nodded. "It was a accident." They suddenly felt she was talking about more than her falling. "Besides, nothing broke." She smiled and giggled.
"Well still... how about I make it up to you?"
"How?"
"How about I take you to the tavern in your village. No drinks, just food."
"No one goes to a tavern and doesn't order a drink, Bellamy." She said. "But sure. I'd love too."
"Great. Meet me in the stables in an hour."
"Wait, tonight?"
"Yeah... is that ok?"
"Uh... yeah. I'll meet you there in a hour." She nods.