Chapter 17

(A/N: hey guys! I'm really sorry I haven't updated in so long I was working on science fair which was about 2 months long! But I'm back now!!! I'll try to update more, but knowing me, it's probably not gonna turn out so good!! Haha anyway, here's the chapter! We left off last time with Autumn and Harry kissing. And if you don't remember anything, just go read the last chapter!)

*LOUIS' POV*

Harry and Autumn. Could it really be? No, please don't let it happen.

I ran up the hill following the lads once we picked up Harry's scent. And once we got to the top, the sight I saw made me gasp. They were, kissing? I was shocked. Did they really have feelings for each other? But, why? How is it possible? They're suppose to be enemies, not fucking head over heals for each other! But then again, I have feelings for Autumn too.

My thoughts were shoved aside when Niall finally spoke up, "Hey, um Harry, Autumn. You guys done sucking on each other's faces?" Their heads both shot in our direction after Niall was finished speaking, trying to hold back laughter.

Autumn quickly took a step back away from Harry, cheeks the colour of roses.

"Oh um, hey guys. I found Harry," she said unsure and embarrassed that we had caught them doing what they have probably done many times. But what do I know? Oh right, nothing.

"Alright, lets head back to the house, and no more funny business," Liam said turning around and walking back the way we came from.

Everyone shrugged and followed Liam back, except for me and Harry.

By the time everyone was a little further ahead, I felt now was a good time to ask Harry some questions.

"So, how long? How long do you think you'll be able to keep this up, until you suck her clean?" I spat at him.

All he did was shrug and look down at the ground. He had glossy eyes and a frown on his face, which I have seen a lot of since we met Autumn.

He wouldn't talk, so I continued to be my stubborn little self.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you Harry! Answer me," I firmly spoke to him clutching his face in my hands tilting his head to look me straight in the eyes. But his eyes drifted off, not daring to look in mine.

I let go of him and took a few steps back shaking my head.

"Fine, be like that. But listen close, and good. This won't last long, and you know it. So don't even think of falling for her, the last thing I want is for my best mate to be heartbroken. Got it?" I asked him, trying to get his attention by putting my hands on both his shoulders.

All he did was nod. Not a word spoken. I stepped back and decided to catch up with the lads and Autumn, leaving Harry behind to his miserable thoughts.

*HARRY'S POV*

Autumn. That's the only person and thing I could think about. What was happening to me? Was I falling in love? What was this feeling I got around her?

I shouldn't be doing this, at all. I'm putting myself and Autumn in danger. But it's almost as if she's got me under her spell. Those eyes of her's, the beautiful brown colour they have, and they're not just brown, it's as if they have all colours in them. Sometimes they'll be a dark chestnut brown colour, other times they'll be a light beige type with a hint of dark hazel in them. Over all, they're marvellous. And I've never seen anything like them.

But what was it about her? Her eyes? Her laugh? Her voice? Smile? Hair? Personality? I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Maybe it was, all of her. Maybe I'm in love with everything about her. And maybe, just maybe, it's not her blood that's getting me like this.

I started walking back to the house, everyone else already back, so I decided to take my time. Letting the cool winter breeze fill all different sorts of smells in my nose. It smelled exactly like it should, the scent of crunched leaves, trees, and that one smell that let's you know snow's coming. We tend to get snow here, a lot, so I'm not exactly sure why Autumn would want to move from a warm summery place to a cold dark one.

When I got back home, smoke was coming from the chimney, acknowledging that the fireplace was on, not really needed for the lads and I, but for Autumn. Smiling at the thought of her sitting in front of it while sipping her tea on a cold day like today, I grasped the knob to the back door and opened it. The smell of cinnamon scented candles overwhelmed me with the first step in, giving me an as if cozy feeling.

I closed the door behind me and took off my shoes. Now looking at them, they weren't too hot, I needed a new pair.

No one was in the kitchen when I first walked in, but there were- oh no.

"ZAYN," I called frantically.

"WHAT?" He called back rushing down the stairs, but when he saw what I was looking at, his eyes filled with horror. He stood still, as if paralyzed. But when he realized what was going on, he snapped back to reality.

"Why the hell are those out," he asked looking at the counter. He was as confused and shocked as I was.

"I have no idea, but we have to move them, now. Help me move then to the attic!"

"We don't have a fucking attic Harry," he yelled at me. Oh ya, "Now come on, let's bring them to the basement, hurry!"

We grabbed the wooden box that held them, put the lid back on, and moved as fast as we could to the basement. We ran down the stairs, almost dropping the box, and put them on the floor in front of a door. A door that needs a fucking key to it.

"Where the hell's the bloody key Harry!?" Zayn yelled at me, panic filling his voice.

I checked all my pockets, but was able to find nothing put a pack of gum. Now I started to panic.

"Ah, um, go check upstairs," He said, and all I did was nod and sprint up the stairs. Key key key, ah where the the hell could it be!?

"Niall!" I yelled, wondering if he knew or had the key to the door.

"Ya," he said walking out of the living room scratching his head. "What ya need?"

"Where's the key to the room in the basement?" I asked, looking around making sure Autumn wouldn't just happen to come out of a room while I was talking to him.

"Oh, I got it here. Sorry, I forgot to put it back," he said reaching into his pocket pulling out a gold key.

"Oh my god thank you!" I said grabbing it from him and sprinting back down stairs.

I handed it to Zayn and he quickly unlocked the door, opened it, switched the lights on, and pulled the box into the room with the others. Then, slammed and locked the door again.

"Phew, that was a close one," I said smiling that we had done what we had to do without getting caught.

"Ya, good job mate," He said patting me on the back. I nodded and we headed back upstairs.

Zayn went into the living room to watch TV with Niall, while I went upstairs. I headed to my room and crashed on my bed, falling asleep within the second.

•••••

When I woke up, I saw what I didn't want to see. Autumn. She had crossed arms and a frown on her face. Instantly, I knew what she was here for. I shot up and walked over to her, but she backed away with each step I took. The anger on her face faded, and was replaced with fear. She ran out into the hall as I followed.

"Wait, Autumn!" I yelled reaching out to her to grab her arm, but she yanked it free.

"How could you do this Harry!? Why?! Why would you do this!?" She yelled, tears threatening to pore out her eyes onto her soft cheeks.

"What?! What'd I do!?" I yelled back at her, worry all up in my voice as well as her's.

"You know what you did," she said while her voice cracked, causing a couple tears to fall out. "I saw them, on the counter." She said, then started to gag a little. Her face became a pale white, and her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

And instantly, she fell to the ground. She had fainted. And she had also seen what I never wanted her to, the werewolf blood.