"Yeah, sure. And I'm actually a vegetarian."

"Huh?"

"Never mind, what I meant was that Dip- I mean Zack, is not a good guy. Where have you gotten that idea from?"

"I've talked to him?"

I stared at Brandon dumbfounded. "He didn't mock you?"

"No?"

"Occasionally send you death stares?"

"No, what-"

"What about drawing sadistic sick images on your locker?"

Brandon fell silent, looking at me in amuse before he started nodding.

"So he's not really that good."

"Damn right he's not." I frowned, looking behind his shoulder. "And if you excuse me, the Devil just appeared."

Brandon asked me what he meant, but he'd soon know anyway. I stomped my way behind him, seeing none other than Mr HateYourGuts. Though you gotta give me a ten for all the colorful nicknames I have to this guy so far.

I wasn't quite sure why I had stomped my way to him like that. And why I had made myself so pumped up by the thought of addressing him like this once again. I guess there was an official need to me. To make sure he knew that I knew there was no way in hell this presentation would be made.

Water and oil do not mix.

"Listen," I started at he paused slightly, looking at me amused with mellow-like eyes. But I wasn't going to be fooled.

"Hi there partner." He mocked, saluting with a hand raised. "How's it going?"

I frowned at the cheeky fucker, confused over his ways of ease. "I'm not going to work with you."

"We have a choice? I didn't know that. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Dowlan-"

"I don't care what she says. I'm not doing this. Sorry." And with that I tried to walk away.

I repeat, I tried.

As in I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

"How about this? I do all the work and you can have half the credit."

I paused, letting my shock dull down. Making myself calm. The thought of him touching me made me almost sick, but the words of his settled my stomach a notch.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, and there would be hell.

"Why the fuck would you do that? Last time I checked, you were an asshole."

"I don't think that's a fitting word for me."

"It is. And I'm not taking that offer."

Zack's head lowered a bit, his eyes wandering surprised over what I believe was my flushed face.

"You're not?"

"I'm not."

"You sure?"

"I am, asshole. Why would I even consider that?"

"Because it's a win win situation. You do nothing and get a good grade. And you don't have to worry about spending time with me."

"And what's in it for you?"

He bopped his head, frowning slightly. "I get an ace. That gotta count for something."

"And that is it?" I continued in disbelief, not actually taking in the fact he was being a good guy. Though I could be smart as well. This was a foul play. And for what, I didn't know.