Change of Time- Bad Moon Rising

"Thanks for coming, Ric," Damon greeted Alaric as he entered the boarding house, walking in to the living room where Stefan, Elena, and I were all sitting on the sofa facing him. "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

Alaric ignored his offer and rolled his eyes as he sat on the sofa across from us. "Sam and Elena mentioned you needed my help."

"Yeah, we were hoping you could shed some light on the Lockwood family," Stefan stated, getting straight to business.

He didn't bother to hide his confusion.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" he asked curiously.

"Well, you wouldn't," Damon pointed out.

"We were hoping Isobel's research from when you were at Duke might have something," I took over, knowing that Damon would most likely refer to Isobel in a more...blunt manner.

Still, I caught the pain in his eyes- though it was small and showed only for a moment- at the mention of Isobel and winced.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town," Stefan added for confirmation.

"Isobel's research here- Mystic Falls- was rooted in folklore and legend. At the time, I thought most of which was fiction," Alaric explained.

I furrowed my eyebrows. He said folklore and legend, which included a lot more than just vampires. If Damon had suspicions that the Lockwoods were supernatural, but not vampires, then there was a much bigger pool of supernatural beings that they could be...

"Like that amazing vampire story," Damon commented from his seat with big eyes and a smirk.

I twiddled my thumbs together as I continued to think. Mason Lockwood competed with Stefan in an arm wrestling match- one Stefan actually had to try in- and won. Mason wasn't necessarily stronger given Stefan's diet, but he had to be at least as strong as vampires were...

Pushing Mason on the back burner of my mind, as I didn't have much to go on with him since I didn't know him well, I focused on Tyler and Mr. Lockwood.

Damon said that the Gilbert device effected Mayor Lockwood and the same went for Tyler, but the vervain had no effect. Tyler was strong, but he never demonstrated anything that could be considered supernatural, really. The amount of fights he got in to, though, and over some of the smallest things... He had a short fuse. It was almost like he always had to prove he was the alpha male or something.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked Ric attentively.

"Werewolves."

The word was out of my mouth before I even realized it.

Elena, Damon, Stefan, and Alaric all looked at me- the latter of which seemed the most surprised.

"Uh...exactly. Lycanthrope," he said.

"Werewolves?" Elena repeated me as she sat up on the sofa while Stefan and Damon exchanged.

"No way, impossible," Damon immediately shot down. "Way too Lon Chaney."

"Says Bela Lugosi," I muttered, earning an eye roll.

"Is it, though?" Stefan questioned Damon.

Damon gave him a look.

"I've been on this planet for 160-some odd years, I've never come across one," he said. He turned toward Alaric. "If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

"Maybe they're dying down, so the rest are in hiding," I suggested. "It would make sense."

"In hiding from what, though?" Stefan asked.