Chapter 1

Juvia's Lucky Day!
Gruvia

Vibrant, radiant, incandescent.

Yawning, Juvia stirrs, her oceanic eyes flickering to adjust to the brightness of the morning. Sitting up, she rubs her head, and a smile creeps up upon her as she realises what day it is.

"Happy Birthday..." She hums to herself, rising out of bed— setting aside her Gray-sama plushie— to get ready to visit the guild.

Juvia puts her familiar blue dress and hat on, observing in the mirror as she fixes her hair. Nodding to herself, she closes the door to her room, and she stands amoung a substantial silence.

Huh? Juvia thinks as she walks along the corridors of Fairy Hills, Where is everyone?

Pressing her lips together, she makes her way to the guild, listening to the tweeting of the birds and letting the refreshing breeze trickle through her blue locks.

Just as she opens the door to Fairy Tail Guild, Juvia hears loud pops and her eyes blink at the sight of all her guild mates with birthday poppers and balloons.

"Happy Birthday, Juvia!"

Gleaming like the sun, Juvia's hands rise to her mouth in surprise. "Juvia is so happy... thank you, everyone!"

Earning a few hugs from her friends, she heads over to the bar, seeing Mirajane, of course, Erza with cake and Lucy.

"Juvia!" Lucy beams with delight, "Happy Birthday, again!"

"Thank you, Lucy." Juvia replies, then looks at the redhead, who also wishes her the same, while eating her favourite: strawberry cake.

Mirajane chuckles, "Don't mind her. Do you want anything, Juvia-chan?"

"Thank you, but Juvia's okay." She returns, then sighs and furrows her eyebrows together as she pans around the guild. "Do you know where Gray-sama is? Juvia wanted to spend her birthday... with him."

Juvia's cheeks flush and she pouts as she hears her friends aw in response.

"No I haven't. He hasn't come in yet." Mirajane raises an eyebrow, wondering where the ice mage could be right now.

"Juvia will go look for him, then! See you guys later, and thank you all, again!"

With that, Juvia exits the guild, and walks through the streets of Fiore. There are people everywhere: huddling around stores throughout the market, enjoying themselves at the park and friends meeting, efficiently making use of the beautiful, sunny day. Juvia inwardly smiles, but her smile suddenly morphs into a massive grin; she sighs in satisfaction, biting her lips with nerves trickling over her body as she sees her precious Gray-sama around the street corner.

She hesitates to call his name, a rush of anxiety to reform from asking him out to spend the day with her. Taking a breath, she conforms, thinking, What else would I want to do on my birthday?

"Gray-sama..." She calls, picking up her pace to meet the raven haired mage.

He turns, hands in his pockets as he wears his casual blue t-shirt, bottoms and snow white jacket. His eyebrow raises at the young water mage, unaware that today was special to her— Juvia didn't know that, of course, assuming everyone else seemed to know this morning, so the thought otherwise easily slipped from her mind.

He turns around fully, responding, "Hey, Juvia."

Juvia fidgets under his midnight-blue gaze, her hand running over the sleeve on her arm, then says, struggling to ask, and decides to make conversation first, "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"