Twenty-One

Twenty-One

Amethyst

10:55am

         Well atleast that's what it said on the cookers clock. I had been staring at it for the past two hours, ever since Rakim and his friends had left the comfort of our home to go to Jhene's gang site. I knew it was possibly too early for me to be worried, considering Rakim told me the longest it could take would be eight hours. I played with my fingers in anticipation.

               I shook my head.

               I was not going to sit here for almost six hours just because I was scared. I got up, hopping into the car. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew it was going to be alot better than sitting down at home waiting for Rakim.

               Somehow, I found myself at Fiona's house. I took a deep breath, staring at the house that had once been my home. Mustering up all the courage I had, I got out of my car, walking towards the front door. I pulled out the key from my purse, sticking it into the hole before twisting it right. I dropped the keys on the small table near the door. "Hello?" I called into the supposedly empty house.

               There was no noises, except for a TV light shining downstairs. I crept down there, trying not to make any noises for I had no idea who was here, nor what they were doing here. The TV was on, but nobody was around. I rose an eyebrow. Everything looked out of place. I knew for sure Fiona or Miguel didn't go down here, so why on Earth was there a blanket and a pillow laying across the couch? Maybe I was just overreacting. Maybe they had a sleepover down here and forgot to clean up before they went out.

               On the glass table was a white note. Looking around, I hesitantly picked it up.Scanning the note. It read:

Hey Sofia. As you know, Mike, Miguel, and I went out of town. Here's a list of some things that I need you to complete by the time that we come back. Much love. xx Fiona.

               Following the note was an attached list containing a list of about twenty things that all needed to be done by the time they got back.  I rose an eyebrow. Fiona had a new maid? The last time I was here, Fiona had Diana. Fiona claimed that the only time that she would ever get rid of Diana was if she died, and considering Diana was only thirty-six, I doubt that she left the mortal world. I sighed, placing the note back down. Suddenly, the TV cut off, leaving me in just a dark basement room.

               Immediately, I freaked out.

              I hopped up against the couch, staring around at my surroundings. "Hello?" I cried out. There was no answer. The only noise coming from my breathing. Suddenly, I heard the sound of eight inch heels clicking across the upstairs floor. Curiously, I headed up the stairs, careful not to make any noises. I stopped by the kitchen, grabbing a quick weapon (in this case, some kitchen scissors) before heading towards the sound of the heels.

               The heels weren't leading me anywhere, only towards the back door that lead me outside. Besides the door laid an office, one that Miguel and Mike had stayed in to watch old reruns of football. The heels stopped, not going left or right, leaving me confused. I rose an eyebrow, before taking a deep breath and reaching for the door knob that lead to the office. I held the scissors tightly in my hand before forcefully pushing the door open, scissors held in defensive mode.