Hell's Angels [13]

Start from the beginning

Lucius dropped my hand like it burnt him before he quickly shuffled about so that he could place Danny onto the seat he had just vacated. I watched all of this with a strange detachment, only coming to some semblance of lucidity when the strong beautiful man placed hands on my cheeks and forced my gaze to meet his blues.

“Where is she?”

I bit my lip and shook my head back and forth. At the back of my mind something was shaking within its chains, yelling ot be set free yet when I tried to focus upon it, the strange thought yearning to be free, I got distracted by the image of the crazy woman who thought it all well and good to kiss.

“She’s alive. Not safe. She’ll see you when it is time. For now she must stay dead.” I muttered as I brought one of my hands up to wipe away the sheen of sweat from my forehead. “Secret, there’s a secret. But I don’t remember it. Star’s alive, she’s safe. Must stay dead – that’s what she says.”

“It’s okay, shh it’s okay.”

As his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into the comforting warmth of his body, I realised the tears had started to stream down my cheek. Trembles coursed through my body and I could feel the edge of my nightmares trying to push its way into my mind.

Time passed much too quickly. Soon Danny began to mewl like a kitten as he awoke from his nap. Pushing hard against Lucius’ chest, I stumbled back a few steps before I managed to catch my balance. I shot a glance up at Lucius, making the effort to turn the corners of my lips upwards before I turned to face my little boy.

He was rubbing at his eyes as his little mouth opened wide to let out a yawn. Unable to wait any longer, I rushed forwards and pulled him into my arms. I squeezed him tightly to me, as tight as I dared without smothering him. Inhaling deeply as I buried my face into his shoulder, I relished the simple scent of washing powder and apples.

Sweet almost melodic giggles reached my ears causing me to look down at my little miracle. He had a huge grin on his lips as he stared up at me through his dark lashes.

“Mummy silly.” He replied with a strange seriousness to his tone before he burst out into another fit of giggles when I dug my fingers into his sides.

“Silly, am I?” I felt a grin form on my own face, my entire mood being uplifted after being ten seconds within my son’s presence. My little angel.

A loud boom resounded through the room which drew my gaze from my adorable son to the closed door. Lucius patted me on the shoulder before striding over to huge black door and yanking it open. There were murmured words before the door was shut once more.

Spinning on his heel, Lucius kept his gaze on the ground for several long moments. Then, he drew his gaze up to meet mine. Danny, obviously sensing the tension, decided to poke Lucius in the cheek until the older man allowed his lips to pull up into a grin once more.

“Everything okay,” I questioned as I rested my chin on top of Danny’s hair, dropping a quick kiss before returning my attention to the broody man before me.

He tried to smile, he really did but it was more of a grimace.

“Your carriage awaits, milady,” He swept an arm towards the door which would have been cheesy and slightly romantic if this wasn’t the last time we would see each other for a while.

Together, the three of us walked out to meet the coach that would carry me and my son away from hell. I felt each footstep lagging, a strange nagging feeling in the back of my mind making me think that I was forgetting something. Yet, no matter how much I searched through my mind, I could not think what it could be.

Instead, I allowed Lucius to tow me along by my hand and then got inside the carriage with no fuss.

“Our tree like friends will be waiting for you on top side so they can look after Danny. I know now isn’t the best time, but you need to find your charge. I get the impression that they will be in the middle of all of this whether they know it or not.” I gulped and nodded at the tall dark haired enigma lifted my hand to his mouth and pressed his lips gently to the skin. “Hades will take you top side. He has some of his own business to attend to.”

As if summoned, Hades bounded down the castle steps with a satchel hanging off of his shoulder. He had changed into some jeans and a black shirt so he would fit in up on earth. I shook my head back and forth at the strange sight before moving out of the way so that the mountain of a man could get into the carriage.

The entire carriage lurched under the added weight as Hades climbed in next to me. With a mere nod to me and Lucius, he leant back in his seat and folded his arms across his chest. The material bulged around his biceps causing me to cover away from him in case the material shredded.

“Savannah?”

Pulling my gaze back to Lucius as he closed the carriage door, I felt myself nodding.

He opened his mouth to speak but then he shook his head and simply pressed his lips together for a moment. I frowned as Lucius suddenly stepped back putting space between himself and the carriage, his gaze only briefly meeting mine.

“Just keep safe. Okay?”

I nodded in response. A crack resounded through the air a second later and the carriage lurched into motion. I watched until Lucius was a mere dot before turning away from the window.

Looking down at my lap I hugged my little boy closer to me as he fiddled with some toy that Lucius had seen fit to give him. He was babbling away, but I wasn’t really listening.

My gaze strayed to the window once more.

“Goodbye Lucius.”I whispered to myself. 

Bit of a filler chapter but I had to get her out of hell. Hope you liked it anyways, hopefully the next chapter will be better and have a bit more to it. Thanks for reading :)

I just hoped that it wouldn’t be forforever.