chapter 5

*2 months later*

Clarke's POV:

Everyday I go to find the grounder. Every single day. Octavia says I'm going mad but I believe its just not wanting to let go. I will find her.

"I'm going out O" I say smiling and grab my jacket. The one that the grounder gave me.

"She's gone clarke" Octavia said but I shake my head "not forever "

I rush out the gates and into the dark woods. My pistol is in my hand ready to fire at anything I see. I walk further and further out. After raven came down I always head around there. I find the crashes pod and climb to the top of it and sit there sighing. My fingers fiddle with the burnt edges of the comfortable jacket mind racing thinking od this mystery person. Was it even a grounder? Was it a simple kind gesture when actually these people are evil? I move my hand up to my dusty blonde hair and run them through it slowly pulling through any knots they came across.

After awhile I slid down the pod but I caught my hand on some sharp metal and winced looking at the deep wound.

"Dammit clarke" I mutter to myself knowing I would have to disinfect it later. But then my eye moved from the bleeding wound to the bushes. I could swear I heard them rustle. I quickly scramble to get my pistol out and aimed it up. This time I saw the leaves moving.

My heart races as I take slow carful steps towards the bush trying not to let the crunch of grit and rocks bellow my feet make too much sound, but it seemed just because I wanted to be quiet I was making a huge amount of noise. I grew closer. Closer.closer.

I pulled back the leaves and I gasped as something jumped out but then sighed in relief when I realised my dangerous threat was just a squirrel. I put my hand over my face shaking my head "I'm such an idiot" I chuckle.

A sharp pain went through my head before everything went dark.

When I woke up my eyes took awhile to adjust to the new surrounding. The room was large but dark, I could the faint sounds of water dripping from above. As I rub my eyes and thy start to focus I notice the walls were made out of stone and mud however he door holding me in was solid metal. If this was some kind of jail, it was very basic. It had to be the grounders. As I walk to the door and place my ear on it I listen out to see if I can hear anything. I could just about make out two gruff male voices however they were speaking in s language unknown to me so i didnt know what they were saying. I stumble back quickly as I hear the voices getting louder and closer. I stand at the back of the room awaiting he guards to enter.

The door swung open and two tall brute men with various war markings and armour stepped in holding their perfectly made spears towards me.

"Point that thing somewhere else!" I shout but know fighting wasnt going to get me in any better situation. Maybe I could negotiate a treaty with their leader.

"Your coming with us" one of the men said before grabbing my wrists tying them together tightly and pushing me forward and a bag was placed over my head.

We had been walking for a few minutes but it felt like a few hours when you can't see and you all alone. After awhile we stopped and the guards started speaking in their native language again. Despite the attempt on trying to pick up a few words I couldn't seem to translate any. I felt myself being moved again but stopped not long after. The atmosphere was different now. It was warmer in this place. The smells, burning? Candles. Lots of them.

"Heda here is the skaikru prisoner" one of the guards spoke again before pushing me down hard onto my knees before removing the bag off my head. The light seemed extra bright at first and I looked down but when I looked back I was astonished. A tall beautiful brunette with emerald green eyes stood infromt of mr and for some reason she seemed as surprised as I was.

"Clarke?" She said almost as a whisper before doing a hand signal and everyone left. How did she know my name? Unless...

"You know my name" I said smilling a little "your my grounder saviour"