"I'm sorry I don't know how my phone got silenced," I said and they sighed in relief.

"We're just glad your okay bug." dad said hugging me and I hugged back frowning.

I probably messed up everything with dad and mom. They were probably worried about me this whole time. Why do I have to be so stupid?

I groaned to myself as I painted the walls mist grey in my walk-in closet. I texted Bookie but he hasn't answered. He's probably busy or asleep by now. Mom and I talked a bit before we left. Not anything big or important. Dad and I haven't chatted.

I closed my eyes sighing. I continued to paint after letting out a deep breath. And I don't really want to. I don't want to hear that mom and he didn't get to talk because of me.

"Knock knock." I heard from behind me and a tapping at the door making a turnaround.

"Hey, dad," I said and he grinned walking over.

"So what is my bug up to?" he asked looking around.

"Just painting," I said wiping my forehead with the back if my hand from sweat.

He smiled and kissed my head. "So creative," he said.

"I'm just painting the walls," I said and he chuckled.

"True," he said and I put the paint away.

"So, how did things work out with mom?" I asked softly.

Might as well get this out of the way now. I glanced up at him and his facial expression confused me. Did he have good news? Bad news? Or did I just ruin it all?

"Your mom and I chatted a bit before and over dinner. But then it started getting late so we started worrying about you. We didn't really touch on the serious topic I wanted to speak about." he said and I nodded feeling guilt crawl up my skin.

"Oh...sorry dad," I said softly and he ruffled my hair.

"No need to be," he said before making his way out.

I frowned looking away. I looked over at the paint can. A part of me wanted to kick it over but I would probably just hurt my toes and foot. I grumbled and left out my walk-in closet into my room. I tugged pajamas on and turned off the light then got into bed.

I heard my phone vibrate and I turned over to my side then grabbed my phone on the nightstand. I turned on my phone, he answered. My heart flip-flopped maybe pounced or pound?

BookerBooker: Sorry, we just keep...

I clicked on the message instantly going to my inbox.

BookerBooker: Sorry, we just keep missing each other lol. So how are you?

CyberGeek: Yeah, and I'm okay. You?

BookerBooker: Fantastic, I'm practicing and I am doing pretty well if I do say so myself.

CyberGeek: Oh cool, practicing for what? Um well if you don't mind me asking?

I mentally facepalmed. Why can't I just be relaxed? Not be awkward and be normal.

BookerBooker: Lol, I don't mind. And practicing for a game.

CyberGeek: Cool ^^ also sorry if I'm still awkward lol, wish I was normal

"Phone of the bug." I heard dad say making me look up and see he was walking past my room and I huffed.

CyberGeek: Also sorry, I have to go already and we just started talking... Night Bookie

My face heated up as my heart flipped flopped as I sent that. After sending the message I turned off my phone and put it on the charger. Instead of laying it on my nightstand which was far away to a person like me I put it under my pillow.

As soon as I closed my eyes I felt my phone vibrate and opened them. I glanced over at the door to see if dad was around. But just in case I threw the cover over my head and pulled my phone out from under my pillow. I turned it on and my heart did it's own little weird thing again as I clicked on the message.

BookerBooker: What is normal? And oh alright :( night Cy

I felt a frown tug on my lips at the frowny face he put. But the nickname had my face heating up. My hands felt sweaty and my heart wasn't steady, it was out of control. That night he left something in my mind to think about. And that was;

What is normal?

~ -_- sorry this chapter only reached 1402 words gah, my first chapter in this book that wasn't at least 2000 words. Don't worry my potatoes, hopefully, it won't happen again. Some other books will possibly coming soon as well? Welp, until next time my potatoes