"And you dare defend this...... this blasphemous woman!" A knight spat out.

"I can't in good conscious let you honorless swine kill her." The man said parrying a blow from one of the knights and sending him backwards.

"Are you trying to get us killed faster!!" The bound woman shouted as she inched towards the fallen blade.

"How dare you call us honorless. We are the Knights of Alon, protectors of the Kingdom of Thellone!!" One of the men shouted incensed.

"So the code of chivalry now allows for you to chase down defenseless women and behead them?" The man asked causing rage amongst the knights.

The men had had enough and they fell to the taunting of the stranger who moved with ease between them as they let their anger overtake them. Their slashes were less accurate now and the mystery man took advantage of that. However he did not see one of the men sneak up on him as he was parrying the blows from three others. That man however never got close as he was violently pushed away by a green ball of energy.

"That was for chasing me all night!!" The woman yelled from where she had gotten free, and she stood up sending a glare at the rest of the knights, which promised a lot of pain, causing them to flinch.

The woman now stood with her head held high as both of her hands started glowing green. She shot successive magical bursts at the knights which sent most flying while the rest fled. "And that was for everything else!!"

Taking a breath the woman looked to her savior who let out a whistle of appreciation at the display of magic and the scurrying knights. The man in question then turned towards the woman. "Come, my camp is nearby. I have a feeling that you need a place to rest."

The woman cautiously followed behind the man. It surprised her that he would so easily expose his back to a dark magic wielder, not many dared as they were thought of as untrustworthy.

Her savior's camp was verily close to the lake and it didn't take long to reach. A fire was already burning and she could see some fish roasting over it. "OH NO!!" The man then shouted as he quickly ran and took the now slightly charred fish from the fire. "This will have to do for tonight I guess." He mumbled and handed the woman one of his fish.

"Thank you" She said sincerely and then looked at the stranger again as she took a seat upon a rock. "Why help me?" The woman asked causing the man to stop and stare at her. "You obviously know who I am, so why act like a knight in shining armor?"

"A party of knights against a defenseless woman. How could I not step in." The man stated. "And I'm hardly white knight material."

"Of course you aren't." The woman answered back. "White knights do not go around saving Dark Queens."

"Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am the Dark Queen Astrid Hofferson, ruler of Forline." She said and gave a slight bow. "I thank thee for rescuing me. Might I ask your name?"

"You can just call me Hiccup" He states. "I'm a wandering blacksmith."

"Just Hiccup?" Astrid asked.

"Just Hiccup." He stated with a nod. "I haven't used my full name in years."

"Well then Hiccup. If there is anything you desire I shall make it happen as a reward for rescuing me." Astrid stated.

Hiccup merely shook his head. "There is nothing I desire." He said and then looked pensive. "I would like to know why those knights were chasing you though."

Astrid folded her arms on her lap and let out a sigh. "Every two years rulers from all the realms gather at Castow, the city of thrones, to discuss the status of their kingdoms and sign trade agreements or renew alliances. Castow is considered neutral territory where no fighting is allowed. Once these meetings ended my guards and I departed for our long journey home. We were attacked by those knights on our journey and my guards urged me to escape to safety. The rest you already know."

Hiccup stood there pondering once more. "You took this route home?" He asked to which Astrid nodded. "The knights stole your grimoire and they were ordered to execute you. Why?"

Astrid sighed and sat on a log closer to the fire. "That grimoire contains many spells that I use. They might have the book but they do not know how to open it." She stated with a smirk. "As for why they want me dead. You already know that I'm a Dark Queen. A practitioner of dark magic that goes against the teachings of Sielihah. They all fear me and think me a heretic. They see my magic as evil and wish to destroy it." At this Astrid looks down sadly. "Even my own subjects fear me."

"I get that this world is hardly fair to those practicing dark magic, but your own subjects?" Hiccup asked perplexed.

"I did not inherit the throne of Forline. I took it by force. The magic I displayed that day was enough to send fear into the hearts of many." Astrid stated with resignation.

"You must be tired." Hiccup said. "Take my cot for the night. I shall sleep elsewhere."

"Thank you. You truly are too kind." Astrid said giving Hiccup a genuine smile.