Chapter 24

A/N: Thank you so much to everyone that's been reading and rockin' with this book since the first chapter! I know everyone wants a sequel but sorry to say I won't be doing one. Lauren and Mario have been through enough. Lbvs.
Also..this chapter will be from both of their point of views.

Enjoy!!!

Lauren's POV

Rio pulled up to my Aunt Lo's house turning the car off.
Glancing over to him, I felt like we were in a good space, a place I'd been wanting to be for awhile.
"Are you ready for this?" Rio asked as he took my hand in his.
Today was the day we were leaving the city and I could see in Rio's eyes that he was welcoming the change.
"Of course."
Giving me a reassuring smile he leaned over the armrest gently kissing my lips.
Never wanting the moment to end, he pulled away.
"Come on." He said breaking the kiss. "We don't wanna keep your Aunt waitin'."
Smiling, we both got out of the car and began walking towards the house.
Aunt Lo stood on the front porch smiling from ear to ear.
I was glad we were able to resolve our problems at the hospital and could actually be a family again.
"Hey!" She smiled taking me into her arms squeezing me tight.
Roland stepped outside the house to join us.
"So today is the day?" He asked Rio with a raised eyebrow.
Rio gave a nervous chuckle as he dapped Roland.
"Bae--uh, I'll be back. I gotta talk to Ro about somethin'.
Breaking from the hug I gave him a head nod before the two walked inside the house.
"I wonder what's that about?" Aunt Lo questioned out loud.
Shrugging my shoulders I brushed it off while watching a white Bentley pull up across the street.
It's chrome wheels matched the car perfectly.
A tall man emerged from the car closing the door behind him before adjusting his blazer.
"Who is that?" Aunt Lo asked as she noticed him making his way towards us.
"How's it goin ladies?" He asked once he neared us.
"Can I help you?" Aunt Lo asked.
"I'm not sure if I'm at the right address but I'm lookin' for Roland?" He questioned more so than stated.
Stepping out of the house Roland and Rio spotted the man.
"Ace." Roland smiled as Rio's eyes widened.
Roland walked up to the man giving him dapp.
"Thanks for coming--This is my wife Lolita and her niece Lauren." Roland said pointing in our direction. "You've already met Rio."
Ace gave a head nod in Rio's direction before shaking our hands.
"I didn't mean to startle you." He chuckled.
"Come inside." Roland said directing him towards the front door.
Aunt Lo gave me a look of confusion as we followed them inside the house.
Rio looked clueless as he tried to put the pieces together.
"Are you okay?" I asked him once we where inside.
Giving me an assuring smile he kissed my forehead before sitting down on the couch.
"So what's this about Ro?" Rio asked.
Exhaling a deep breath, Roland began to explain.
"After Celia's funeral I found out she had a will. It took a lot for me to get access to it but after spitting a good game I was able to obtain it." Pulling the paper off of the coffee table he opened it. "She put in here, if anything was to happen to her then to let Mario know about his biological father. Here is his name." Roland said handing the paper to Rio.
Rio's eyes skimmed the page before he looked back up to Roland.
"Why you didn't mention this at the hospital?" He snapped.
"It was my intentions but shorty had the baby and you already had enough to deal with." Roland retorted.
Rio shook his head in disappointment.
"She lied to me." He said softly.
"I'm sure it was for good reason." Roland said trying to lighten the mood. "So when I found out Ace's contact info, I called him up and told him you were leaving town today so if he wanted to amend things, now would be a good time."
The room became silent as everyone let their thoughts process.
"I don't see any good in this." Rio snapped. "This the same shit Alaina did to me--why would anyone want to pin a child to someone?"
Roland tried to interject but Ace cut him off.
"Let me explain."
Sitting down, Roland gave him the spotlight.
"Celia and I were both young you understand? We both made dumb decisions. I was about making paper and she was about being a family."
Rio briefly looked at me because Celia and Ace's relationship resembled ours.
"When I found out she was pregnant, everything changed. I was pulling rank in the drug game and was unable to give her the time she needed, so she met someone who could. They had plans to be together and raise you. Once I found out, I was ready to get my shit together but it was too late. She put together a story about you dying to keep me away." Ace chuckled as he rubbed his chin. "Funny thing is, the nigga she left me for turned out to be a piece of shit."
Roland and Aunt Lo laughed.
Rio's entire life he believed a man his mother told him was his father wasn't and it was only because she didn't want him to be brought up into the life Ace lived but he still ended up being a drug lord.
"I guess gettin' money is a trait." Ace joked causing Rio to smirk. "The day I ran into you at that cellphone joint, when I left, I can't lie--I was wonderin' if I did run into my son but I knew it was too good to be true."
Rio sat speechless.
"Let's get over the past. I'm here now and I'm willing to start fresh if you are."
Rio's eyes scanned the room at everyone's facial expression.
Placing my hand on top of his; he looked at me before standing to his feet.
"Ight." He spoke softly as Ace stood to give him a hug.
Patting Rio's back, the two broke away from each other.
"Ace, you would be staying for dinner tonight?" Aunt Lo asked.
Glancing at everyone he put his hand on Rio's shoulder.
"Uh, yeah." He smiled.
Nicholas began crying in the next room interrupting the sentiment moment.
"I'll get him." I offered struggling to stand from the couch.
"Bae--you alright?" Rio asked getting into defense mood.
"Baby I'm fine--."
Leaving everyone in the living room, I walked into Nicholas' room lifting him from the bed.
A smile formed when he saw my face. I'd been missing him so much.
Walking back into the living room, Rio grabbed Nicholas from my arms as I took my seat next to him.
"What's up lil dude?" He smiled as Nicholas bounced up and down in his lap.
For once I felt complete.