Reason Number 22

"There's always that one little thing

That makes me turn around

And lead me straight back to you."

-neekalurvesk.tumblr

I sat by the park bench Sunday afternoon, the sun is blasting its strongest heat and I can feel cold sweat dripping down my back. I've been feeling dizzy and most of the time pale, but my Mom said it's probably because my body is adjusting in its new environment and I believed her.

I took out the jar that Stan gave me, I think it would be okay to open one since he already gave it to me. I closed my eyes and picked a star, I opened it carefully I noticed Stan's neat scribble at once. "You always make me want to say the truth. Live, for me."

I smiled, for no definite reason Stan told me that he can't join me today. I noticed his voice is somewhat cold and distant I just brushed the issue aside, maybe his Mom and Dad are grabbing each other's necks again. I made a mental note to ask him. I saw the familiar old man sitting by the bench beside me, he's is bending forward to get the cane that he dropped I stood up and helped him.

"Thank you." He said his voice weak. I imagine my parents as old as he is... I can't. I don't want to.

"Do you still need anything?" I asked.

"No. Thank you miss." He said smiling but he never looked at me.

"Pops!" Came a loud but relieved voice. "Jeez! I told you not to wander off alone!"

"Give me the burger," he answered. His voice eager, like a child.That's when Lorenzo noticed me, he looked at me from head to toe and then finally met my eye.

"Can I help you?"

"She just helped me reach for my cane, thank you dear," said his grandfather out loud, as if his burger is an energy booster. "Can you get me some soda too Lorenzo?" he added cheerfully. I noticed that I've been standing there stupidly and not realizing that it looks like I'm eavesdropping. Without further conversations, I left.

"Hey!" I turned around and saw Lorenzo rushing towards me; he caught up and then stopped to catch his breath. Honestly he didn't really run that far but he is breathing like a mad dog. "Thank you for helping pops, he wander alone sometimes, his eyesight isn't really that good so is his hearing. I'm Lorenzo by the way." He said extending his hands.

"Ann." If you ask me, Lorenzo is the type of guy everyone would die to have. He's tall, handsome and as observed with his grandfather, caring.

"This is my stop," he said pointing at the convenient store. And then he smiled widely, a smile that can warm any girl's heart and make it melt. "By the way." He shouted, I'm already nearing the park gates and he is still standing where I left him.

"You're pretty, but I saw from the other day that you're already taken. I hope you're not yet married. I would love to take a chance." And without waiting for my reply, he rushed in the store. If Stan heard that he'd probably be kicking that guy's handsome face. One time, when Stan and I are walking down the street, some random guy wolf-whistled and the next thing I know he went home with a black eye. When I reached home I noticed that Mom and Dad hasn't arrived yet, I opened the door and heard my brother's voice. He is shouting. I never heard him that mad. I rushed to where the voices are leading and found myself glued at his door.