Chapter 5

Noah's POV

I push the off button on my alarm. Today is the day. The day that I ask Bri on a date. I know that I may be moving too fast but I want her to know that I'm not playing any games. I'm tired of people taking away what I have. I walk to my dresser and collect my things before taking a shower.

I slip on my shirt (the one above) before sliding some black jeans on

I slip on my shirt (the one above) before sliding some black jeans on. I do my hair and put on some cologne. I run down the stairs, grab my backpack, and head to the door. "Excuse me, young man." I rolled my eyes before turning around.

"Yes."

"Fix your face." I gave her a big smile. "Much better. You better smile before you scare that girl away." How does she know? "You don't wear that cologne to often so I know that she is special."

"Does that mean that you approve?" She shook her head no.

"I gotta meet the girl first. But give her this." She handed me one of her famous donuts. "Make a good impression. I don't want her thinking that I raised no hoodrat." My mom stated as she pinched my cheeks.

"Aight. Lemme go. I have to go pick her up." I walked away, quickly, trying not to be late.

Sabriya's POV

I'm finishing my makeup as my mom calls me down, telling me a boy was here.

I grab my things and run down the stairs. I headed into the living room and my eyes landed on Noah. My heart skipped a beat. "Hey."

"Hey, Bri." We stared at each for a few moments. "My mom made this for you." He handed me the donut.

"This looks scrumptious, tell her that I said 'Thank You'". He nodded his head. "Mum. We are leaving now."

"Are you sure? I could give you a lift."

"It's okay. I like to walk." My cheeks heat up a bit as I glance at Noah. I walked towards the door with Noah trailing behind me.

WALKING NOW

Noah and I walk in silence, but it was a good kind of silence. I heard my stomach growl, so I decided to take a bite of this donut. "Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed. Noah smiled at me.

"It's good isn't it!"

"Wonderful to be exact! She needs to open a storefront."

"She has one already. It's called 'Babes Bakes'" Noah said proudly.

"Can you take me there sometime?"

"Sure." Noah cleared his throat. "There is something that I wanted to ask you? You can say no if its too soon."