acquaintances | kyle lowry

acquaintances

dedicated to: onlyangelica
non-explicit

Looking around the stadium that carried over thousands of adoring Raptors fans, Angelica couldn't do anything but swoon. She had finally graduated from college at York University as valedictorian, and she couldn't have been happier. Knowing her love for the Raptors, as well as Kyle Lowry, her parents decided to surprise her with court side seats to the game against Miami Heat.

With her book full of facts on the players that she received for free at the entrance of the stadium in one hand and her phone, which she was using to snapchat every moment of the game with, in the other, Angelica wore a bright smile upon her face, not letting the bumps of other fans' shoulders bother her.

"I should probably get to my seat since the game is about to start," she advised herself as she looked down at the time that flashed on her phone after posting her snapchat, walking to her designated seat near the Raptors bench.

As the game began, she listened to the announcers present the starting line up for both teams, joining in the crowds numerous cheers for the Raptors and boos for the Heat.

Angelica couldn't help but keep her eyes on the 6'1 point guard, practically drooling at the features he effortlessly showed off. His muscular upper body, plump lips, and big chocolate brown eyes drew Angelica, as well as every other female that knew of him, in.

Waiting for the tip off to take place, Kyle's eyes began to roam around the court; his eyes landed on Angelica, causing his eyebrows to furrow. Angelica cut their gaze short, immediately looking down at the ground, hiding her rosy cheeks from the 6'1 point guard. Letting a smile grow on his face slowly, Kyle reverted his attention back to the game, watching as a Raptor and Heat player went up for the tip off. Catching the ball in his hands after his teammate hit the ball towards him, Kyle began to take the ball up the court, calling a play in the process.

Angelica watched in awe at the ball game going on in front of her. It was a dream come true to watch her favorite professional basketball team playing in person, especially with the amazing view she had. Watching as Kyle took a shot at the three point line, she got out of her seat and squealed once she watched the ball slip into the basket.

Hearing the high pitched scream to the right of him as he back peddled to the defensive end, Kyle took a glance an Angelica, giving her a quick wink. Once Angelica caught sight of Kyle's action, she quickly took her seat and crossed her legs, smiling on the outside, but completely melting on the inside.

"This is going to be an interesting game," she thought.

*

It was now the last twenty seconds of halftime and the Raptors had possession of the ball. The score was 56-58, and the Raptors were up by two points. The entire stadium was on their feet, for the Raptors had made a large comeback from a ten point run for the Heat.

Kyle's intensity on the court could be felt everywhere in the stadium as he squinted his eyes slightly, trying to figure out the Heat's defensive positions. Calling out a play that would guarantee them a basket, Kyle passed the ball to DeMar, setting him up for a three point play. Letting the ball slide off his fingertips swiftly, DeMar, Kyle, and everyone else in the stadium watched the ball fall into the basket perfectly as the buzzer went off to indicate the end of the second quarter.

With the crowd cheering and jumping up and down from the fantastic play, Kyle and DeMar dapped each other as well as their other teammates, heading over to their bench and grabbing their towels that were used to wipe the sweat off their foreheads.

Standing up from her seat, Angelica decided to go back up to the gift shop to see if she could buy some more souvenirs for her family and friends; it's the least she could do to thank them for the tickets and for supporting her throughout her college journey.

As she started to walk towards the stairs to go into the hallway where the gift shop was located, she felt a large body bump into her, causing her to stumble on her feet and fall to the ground. Feeling embarrassed as everyone on the court side stared at her, she felt a pair of hands on both sides of her waist, helping her up. Dusting herself off slightly, she sighed, "Sorry; I'm really clumsy."

"Why are you saying sorry? That was my bad," a deep voice stated matter-of-factly. Recognizing the voice that made her body tremble, Angelica slowly looked up to see no other than Kyle Lowry. Letting her jaw drop, all she could do was stare up at his perfectly structured face, causing him to chuckle softly, "You good, ma?"

Her legs grew weak at his statement, causing Angelica to lick her lips slowly and nod, "Y-yeah, I'm good. Thank you." Kyle nodded softly as he looked up to see that his teammates had already made their way back to the locker room. Looking back down at Angelica, Kyle felt his heart drop to the pit of his stomach.

Angelica's beauty truly caught Kyle off guard, for the different types of females that tried to seduce him daily didn't come close to her. Natural beauty is what he found the most attractive, and Angelica had it all.

"Is there something on my face?" Angelica asked, raising an eyebrow as she started to wipe her finger across every inch of her face, causing Kyle to chuckle once more and shake his head, "Nah, baby girl, I was just admiring your beauty."

"Really?"

Kyle nodded as Angelica blushed for the third time that night. She could tell the Raptor's player was trying to flirt with her, and she truly didn't mind.

"Yeah, really," Kyle smirked, "Do me a favor?"

"What would that be?" Angelica asked.

"Write your name and number down on the back of my warm up basketball for me."

"Why do you need it?"

"To call you sometime."

Angelica slowly smiled as she nodded, slowly making her way back over to the Raptor's bench where she saw Kyle's warm up bag sitting under his seat. Taking it out from under the chair, she unzipped his bag and got out his warm-up basketball, looking around for a sharpie marker. Finding one in his bag conveniently, Angelica wrote down her name and number along with a small heart on his basketball, putting everything back where it was once before.

*

The game had finally ended, and the Raptors had won 106-110. Making her way out of the stadium, she felt eyes staring a while in her back; turning her head back, she saw Kyle staring her down. Smiling once more, she waved down towards him as he mouthed 'I'll call you' towards her.

Nodding softly, Angelica finally made her way out towards the hallway of the stadium, feeling her phone vibrate in her back pocket. Taking it out, she looked down at her phone and saw that an unsaved number had texted her.

I'll text you, how about that? I couldn't wait.

Biting down on her bottom lip, Angelica replied quickly and put her phone back in her pocket.

I'm completely okay with that. How about you call right when you get home? I'll be waiting.

hope you liked it, angelica!
vote and comment
next update: february 6, 2017

*

should i update "this woman's work" tonight, or designate it for tomorrow?