Chapter One

"You Saw Him Buy What?!"

"Lexi let go of her!"
I shouted at my blonde friend. She kept tugging at Daniella's foot while Aby pulled on her waist.

"No way! She has your shoe!"

"It's fine!"

I frantically looked around the large gym searching helplessly for assistance.

"Roll call!" I heard the gym teacher, Mr. W yell with his megaphone.

Aby turned to me and released Lexi. They both flew backwards onto me making us all land on top of each other creating a loud thud!

"That bitch.."
Danny murmured under her breath. I sighed as I said bye to my friends while they left our spot by the boys locker room.

"Can I have my shoe back?" I asked tiredly. Danny nodded and handed me the Nike shoe I had to buy for this class since my old Converse kept slipping during exercises.

I slid the shoe on quickly and sat on the grimy floor. The group of kids in front of us, or what my friend Daniella, or Danny for short, and I call them- The Pops, all huddled together naturally. Of course they were all slim, athletic, and pretty, including the boys. Was I jealous? To be completely honest, a little, but I had it good with Danny and Kathrin.

The two of us normally sat there quietly if Danny had a book, which today, she did, but I had something to tell her.

"So I saw Mr. S out of school," I started, while looking at our gym teacher. He had a shiny bald head and always wore Adidas shoes.

"So?" Danny said, not taking her eyes off her book.

"So?! He was buying condoms!" I said rather loudly. I looked up to make sure no one heard, and luckily, it appeared no one did. When I turned back to Danny she was staring at me wide eyed with her mouth hanging open.

"Condoms?"

"Yes, condoms."

She blinked twice and closed her mouth for a second before opening it again. She looked at him and closed her book. She was going to talk.

"Mr. S... buying condoms? Where?" She asked shocked. We had never pictured our teachers having sex until now, all I saw in my head was the man with the short blonde woman he had walked into the Walgreens with.

"Yup."

"Did you see what size..?" She awkwardly asked. Mr. S drew closer to our role call spots and I could tell that we were both becoming more nervous.

"No, but they were..." I paused awkwardly at the next two words.

"Banana flavored..."

Danny and I just stared at each other for a minute before we both bursted out laughing. The thought of our big, tough gym teacher doing something more manly than yelling at 7th and 8th graders was too much to handle.