Bittersweet

"Kix! Kix! Get over here we need you, now!" Anakin screamed as he ran out of the gunship, which had landed on the Jedi Cruiser.  The 501st was standing towards a corner of the hangar talking when Anakin called for help. All of their heads instantly turned to Anakin. Kix emerged from the group. 

"Yes General?" Kix asked, seeming concerned due to Anakin's tone and rushed, loud command. Kix ran to the gunship where Anakin was coming from.

"It's (Y/N)! Her back was cut by Dooku's lightsaber. It's bad, she passed out, or I don't know, she's just not responding to anything," Anakin explained, panicking beyond belief. 

Kix's expression went blank. He was afraid to work on a Jedi. "I'm going to call up to the med bay!" Kix commed more medics and it didn't take long for them to arrive. As you were being laid onto a gurney, you slowly began to wake up. You screamed in pain right before you felt an injection into your neck, knocking you out again. 

"She's alive!" Kix exclaimed, still rushing you to the med bay. It only took a few minutes for you to arrive to the bay. 

"We need to examine her injury, I believe she is in sufficient pain!" a medical clone yelled, as Kix brought you into a room. He threw his helmet off and started looking at the gash on your back as another clone intimated you, insuring you wouldn't wake up during the pain. What Kix and the other medical clones didn't notice is that their previous patient had woken up. 

Rex arose from his bed and stretched his shoulder. He noticed the bacta patch on it and slowly peeled it up to see what happened, revealing a blast wound. After putting the patch back on, his attention went to all the ruckus coming from the hallway. He put on his armor, which was conveniently next to his bed and walked out of his room to see what was wrong. 

"Whoa, Captain! Are you okay? You shouldn't be walking!" a medical clone stopped him. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just a blaster shot. I'll be fine. Buy would you mind me asking what all of this commotion is about?" Rex asked innocently. He still wasn't aware of the victory on Geonosis, or the fact that you were in a dual with Dooku. 

"Lightsaber injury," the medic replied, walking away. 

"Wait!" Rex yelled, the medic quickly turning around. "Where's the 501st?"

"In the main hangar I believe."

Rex went down to the hangar to see his men. All he remembered was being on Geonosis with you. After that, it's all a blur. He faintly remembers you deflecting blasts with you hand, but he wasn't sure if it was true or the medicine the medics gave him. 

"Hey, how was Geonosis?!" Rex asked the 501st approaching the corner of the hangar they always seem to be in. Unlike most times though, they were not standing up and talking and laughing. They were sitting with their heads down, frowns upon all of their faces. "Uh, What's wrong?" 

"Are you okay?" Echo asked, referring to his shoulder.

"Yes, I'm going to be fine, but what's wrong here?" Rex asked, very confused.  There was no reply. "How was Geonosis?" he made a second attempt to try to figure out what happened. 

"We destroyed the factory, Rex," Hardcase sighed, moving nothing but his lips.

"Then shouldn't you be happy?" Rex looked around, "Where's Kix?" he asked, with deep worry in voice. 

"That's the thing," Fives mumbled.

Sorrow quickly took over Rex's face. "He was a great brother, the 50-"

"He's not dead Rex, he's helping in the med bay," Dogma cut Rex off. 

"Oh thank force!" Rex smiled, sitting down next to Tup.

"He's helping General (Y/LN)," Tup whispered just loud enough for Rex to hear, his head still looking down, "Dooku got her. He cut her good."

All the color drained from Rex's face. He slowly fell from the supply box he was sitting on to the floor. His head fell into his palms. He was trying his hardest to hold back tears. 

"Where is she?" he finally asked.

"In the med bay, with Kix," Jesse replied, rubbing the back of his head. 

Rex got up to go to the med bay. He wanted to run, but hearing that you were injured drained all the energy out of him. When he got to the med-bay he noticed Anakin and Obi-Wan standing around a room, so he assumed that one was yours. 

"Is the General alright?" Rex asked, approaching the two Jedi from behind. 

"Rex!" Anakin exclaimed, "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am fine, but how is the General?" He asked again. 

"Kix is in there stitching her up now. I believe she will just have some pain for a while. Definitely a scar. It's a pretty big gash, the stitches may not hold," Anakin informed Rex. His put his hand on Rex's shoulder. "She'll be okay Rex, she'll be okay." Anakin sensed his fear. 

(................)

Rex was sitting outside your room for almost two hours now. Your stitches were taking awhile, so by this point he was the only one waiting for you. Finally, Kix and a few more medics left the room. Rex shot up.

"Is she okay?!" He asked Kix, with way too much enthusiasm. 

"She'll make it. And you, you got lucky yourself!" Kix laughed, pointing to his shoulder. 

"Oh yeah that! I can't even remember it happened!" Rex laughed back, walking into your room.  His emotions finally hit him the hardest when we saw you. You were lifeless, pleasantly sleeping on the bed. He took a chair and put it next to your bed so he could sit next to you. He grabbed your hand and held it against his chest. 

"Mesh'la, ner mesh'la jetii. Gedet'ye ve'ganir pirusti. Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum," he sighed, then leaned in to kiss you. His lips pressed softly against yours for only a couple seconds before pulling back slowly. He kept his eyes shut even after pulling back. 

He didn't know, but as he kissed you, your eyes opened. You knew he wasn't aware of this. While his eyes were still shut, you squeezed his hand, making his eyes open quickly.

~~~~~~~~

A/N:  I really wanted to get a chapter out today, and I'm really busy, so this is kind of a short one. I hope you all enjoy though! Feedback is greatly appreciated! I love you all :)