awake

ı

jy .

I sat up in bed, feeling my heart pounding and my breathing rushed. Sweat covered my whole body and my hair was stuck at all the odd angles. Closing my eyes tightly I tried to remember what I was dreaming about but all the events were gone - as if I never dreamt of anything, but I know I did. Suddenly feeling cold wind blow past me I shivered and slowly opened my eyes. My breath hitched as I realised I was no longer in my bed, let alone my room.

I wrapped my arms over my chest, seeing as I had no idea where the hell I was. All I saw were trees surrounding the area - miles and miles of trees. I stood up, dead leaves crunched under my feet as I took careful steps forward. I've never felt so lonely in my life, so isolated. In that moment all I wanted to do was cry myself to sleep and hope that I'll be back in my room - protected by the four walls of my home, but of course I can't. My feet acted before my brains so they carried me as if they knew where exactly to go.

In all my years of living I've never seen this place before, I never even knew there was a forest around my town. As I thought about it I started to wonder if I'm even still in Mystic Falls.

I looked up at the barely visible sky, tall trees towered over me in a way that felt as if they could grab onto me any second.

I continued walking to an unknown destination, but as I kept going for a few minutes I started wondering if there was an end or if this place was just trees. Tall, creepy looking trees. But I didn't give up, well at least my legs didn't give up. Mentally, I felt as though I'm just walking in circles and I won't ever stop.

I dug my hands into my pockets, feeling a solid object in one. Mentally face palming myself, I realised my phone was there this whole time. I quickly took it out and turned on the screen, thankful for having the batteries on 69%. Although there were no bars, but what did I expect? Get full bars in the middle of nowhere?

I decided to turn on my flashlight, congratulating myself since now I can see my surroundings a little clearly. But as soon as I put it in front of me, I dropped the phone when I saw a figure appear not even 1 metre away from me. Quickly bending down to get it, I put it in front of me once more but there was no one. I furrowed my eyes, wondering if I just imagined someone. Easing out my nerves, I continued walking forwards, not once taking a turn.

After a few long dreadful minutes I gave up, taking a deep breath and plopping on the ground. There was no use, I was lost and had no idea where to go. I leaned against a tree, closing my eyes for a few seconds. When I reopened them, I jumped up slightly when I saw someone stand in front of me. He was probably a good 5 metres away but I couldn't see his face. My phone was facing the right way up so the flash was directed to the ground.

As the person just stood there, huge wings emerged from his back - I couldn't tell what colour they were since the place was very dark. But I was baffled just watching as it slowly opens wide right before me eyes. This... could it be? Another angel in Mystic Falls? Whoever or whatever he was, he took a few steps closer and just as he was about to step so the moonlight illuminated his face, I felt my body fall. It just kept falling into a dark wilderness and I wanted to scream but it felt like my throat was tightly shut.

Suddenly, I was sitting up in bed, hands clutched tightly on my duvet and my heart hammering faster than it's ever before. I groaned, thankful it was just a nightmare. I fell back to a sleeping position and glanced at the alarm clock on my bedside table. It was still 07:06 and no way in hell was I going to want to go back to sleep.

I decided to just go take a shower and get ready for the day ahead of me. When I entered the bathroom I walked straight to the mirror, cringing when I saw my dishevelled features. My hair was sticking unnaturally and my skin was paler than usual.

I turned the faucet to the shower on the highest temperature, needing some colour on my skin. When I took off my clothes I stood underneath the shower head, relaxing as I was greeted with warmth.

Once I got dressed into black jeans and a grey sweater, I realised that today was Monday. Meaning it was my first day having to shoot the new drama I was assigned to. As I glanced at the clock once more I sighed when it was still 07:40, I have 20 minutes to get to the studio. I tied the laces to my black combat boots and ran down the stairs, greeting my mum when I saw her in the kitchen.

"Morning, mum." I said as I basically ran passed her to get to the fridge. Pulling it open, I groaned as I realised the milk was finished meaning I can't eat my cereal. I closed the fridge and made my way to the microwave, thankful that there was still left over pizza. I grabbed a slice and decided to go straight to the studio.

"Where are you going so early in the morning?" My mum asked with a raised eyebrow.

"My shooting starts today. Don't you remember?" Of course she doesn't remember, she never tries.

"Oh, right. Yeah, go have fun." It was clear she never liked the fact that I decided to become an actor as my career. And the fact that my older brother joined the army made my mum have high expectations for me as well. But in the end she just gave up trying and told me to do whatever I want, which I'm pretty sure she doesn't mean.

Before leaving the kitchen I saw her watching me as I walked out, her eyes changed to a bright white colour as the veins in her arms glowed bright blue and purple. I smirked, always enjoying it when I pissed off my parents.

"Are you taking the car?" I heard my mum shout from the kitchen as I was in the living room.

"Of course not." Without another word from her I placed my hand on the main entrance doorknob, thinking about the studio on the other side of the door. I watched as streaks of red light flowed through the doorknob and as soon as it vanished I opened the door and walked through. Stepping foot in the studio's bathroom, I smiled to myself, always feeling proud when I successfully perform an act of magic.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the main hallway of the studio where lots of people were rushing with folders and papers in their arm. Trying to fit into the crowd, I too tried to seem as though I was in a rush.

As I entered the huge doors to where some of my scenes were going to be done, I instantly spotted the producer; Im JaeBum Hyung. I made my way to him, smiling to a few people that passed me.

"Ah, JinYoung! You're not late, how very shocking." JaeBum laughed, shaking my hand with a firm grip. "I want you to meet the co-star of this show, we've finally decided who would be working by your side for the whole season."

"Oh, took you guys long enough. Who did you choose? I'm guessing BamBam? He was really good in the auditions." Honestly, I really did want to work with him. He was just always so playful and constantly trying to make jokes which made us laugh, even though the majority were just plain idiotic words.

"Actually, we were about to choose him but then there was a late comer and damn he was amazing. He showed up right after you left for the photoshoot, so you haven't met him yet. As for BamBam, we decided he could be Mark's younger brother." The producer explained. I was happy to see who was going to be working with me but I was quite confused when JaeBum told me he was a late comer. JaeBum never choses those that are late. As if reading my mind, he continued speaking.

"He had a really good reason as to why he was late. And his talent was absolutely extraordinary, we were about to put him as the main actually." He said, looking back down at the papers in his hand.

"What?" I basically screamed, staring at him in disbelief. No way in hell was he serious, if he replaced me for whoever the co-star was... I would... I don't know what I would do but I would do something.

"I'm just kidding. God, you look as if you'd murder me in this very moment." I've always hated when he joked around with me because I could never tell when he's serious or not.

"Anyways, who's the new co-star?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"His name's Jackson Wang. Ah, he's right here." JaeBum said as someone stood beside me. I turned to look at Jackson and the first thing I noticed was how platinum his hair was. Jackson turned to me with a smile on his face.

"Park JinYoung, such a pleasure to be working with you." Wow, his voice was absolutely beautiful.

Damn, and so was his face.