Daddy! You're Home!

SIX MONTHS LATER

Kim watched as Adam held their sleeping son as if he was the most precious being in the world, and he was. Colton and London were the loves of her life, and they meant the world to her and Adam both.

She smiled as Adam swayed from side to side with his back to her, singing a soft lullaby to Colton. She couldn't make the words out, and the melody was similar to twinkle twinkle little star, but she was certain he wasn't singing that song. Nope, Adam made up his own songs, they were always ridiculous and more than a bit silly but she didn't care what he said; she just loved to hear him sing.

She didn't dare jinx it by saying it out loud but she felt as if their little family had finally found it's footing. It had been a rough go of it, starting the day she and Colton had been discharged from the hospital.

Things had finally turned in their favor.

"Does mommy get to come home today, Adam?" London asked Adam as she picked the marshmallows from her cereal, "Its today right?" It had only been three days, but London had seriously struggled with Kim's absence. Despite Adam's constant reassurance and nightly face time sessions, London still had meltdowns when Adam tried to get her into bed for the night.

"It's today, Princess." Adam kissed the top of her head before sitting opposite her, his own bowl of cereal in front of him. He gathered the marshmallows from his bowl and dropped them in hers, "We will leave soon, once we have finished eating I will get Colton's car seat in the truck and we will head out."

"He's coming?" The corner of her lip curled up, "Why?"

Adam was taken aback, "He's your brother, that's why." He grabbed her bowl and dumped it in the sink along with his, "Go grab your coat, its cold out."

That had been the first clue that London wasn't thrilled at the notion of a baby brother. Sure, she was impressed when she first met him, but the novelty of it all had worn off when she discovered he wasn't going away.

They had only been home for a few hours when London threw her first tantrum over Colton.

"Go grab me a diaper sweetie" Kim asked her as Colton started to fuss in his bassinet, "Hey sweet man.." she lifted him out, nuzzling her nose in the soft silky hair. She had been surprised by the amount of hair he had, London had been completely bald and it was that way for the first year and a half of her life. The little hair she did have was so blonde it was barely noticeable. Colton's hair was thick and long enough that the ends were starting to curl around his ears.

London leaned on the arm of the couch, "He's crying again." She huffed, she stood on her toes and peered over Kim's shoulder at him, "I don't like him." She stated very matter of factly, "He's stupid. I don't wanna get a diaper...I don't want him!" She folded her arms across her chest, her very first attempt at being defiant and Kim wasn't impressed.

"London Rae!" She gasped, "You will get me a diaper for your brother and you will apologize to Colton, do you understand?"

Colton picked up on Kim's anger and he began to wail even louder, his plump hands balled into fists and his legs flailed wildly. His face turned bright red, "See! He's loud and I hate him!" London nearly crashed into  Adam who had just returned from a quick trip to the grocery store.