I Think The Stars Will Tell Him

Gloria set the bowl on the table, "Come on, sweet-pea eat up before it gets cold."

London chewed on the corner of her bottom lip, "I-I'm not hungry.." she mumbled, she tried to push back from the table.

He stepped out of the shadows, "Sit down!" He yelled, "You need to eat."

"Now, Peter..don't yell at your sister. She's scared, that's all." Gloria gave his hand a light squeeze.

"No!" London replied, "I'm not his sister...I'm not Kaitlyn..I'm London. My name is London." She yelled through tears, "I want my mommy! She's police, all her friends are too!"

"Shut up!" Peter pulled her up by the collar of her shirt, "you need to shut up...just do what she asks, alright? Just fucking do it!" He snapped before tossing her to the ground.

He had made a massive miscalculation by going through with her plan, he should've shut her down the minute she brought it up. It was too late to turn back now, he had to focus on damage control and getting rid of the girl as soon as possible.

London lay crumpled in a ball on the floor, her wrist bent at on odd angle, "Fuck!" Peter kicked at the kitchen chair sending it flying across the floor.

"Oh, Kaitlyn..sweetie don't cry..let mama see it..." Gloria moved to take her into her arms and London fought against her, "be still honey...let mama see.."

London cradled her right hand against her chest, her left hand supporting the broken bone, "I'm London! I'm London!" Tears streamed down her cheeks as she flailed against Gloria and Peter as they loaded her up in the car.

Kim's head felt heavy, it was as if it wasn't connected to her shoulders. She had slept for what seemed like an eternity, she cried when she first woke up and it hit her again.

London was missing.

Sleep had been a two headed monster of sorts, when she was sleeping she was surrounded with images of London as she dreamed, but when she awoke she fell into a nightmare.

Kim grabbed a hoodie of Adam's off the back of the door and pulled it over her head. It practically swallowed her petite frame and the sleeves were way too long but she wrapped her arms around herself, it was as if Adam was hugging her.

He had been her rock through all of this, he had held her hand and wiped away her tears. He had been everything London's father wasn't, when she had called Sean to update him on things, it was Adam who found the words to comfort her; not Sean.

She wandered thorough the small apartment and found Adam sitting hunched over on the balcony, a bottle of beer in his hands.

Adam's head snapped up when the door slid open, "Hey..." he jumped up from his chair, "you hungry?"

Kim curled her lip, "No.." her voice was soft, "Its so late..."

Adam helped her into a chair, "I know.." he set his beer on the small table. He didn't know why he had even grabbed it from the fridge, he hadn't taken a single sip from it.

Kim looked up at the sky, the stars seemed brighter than usual, "She loves the stars..she loves to talk to them.." it had broken her heart the first time Kim had witnessed it.