Prologue

Copyright ©2014 MandyMuch

All Rights Reserved.

Note: Please realize that this story is currently NOT edited. I am working on slowly editing the whole story so please DON'T comment on my mistakes. I am aware of them, and I am working to fix them. Please remember that these are my rough drafts so they won't be perfect.

This book is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents, and dialogues are products of the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

This story was inspired by my novel Before the Darkest Storm. This is a completely independent story, but some of the characters from BTDS will make an occasional appearance. I'm writing this story on a trial bases. I want to see if this is something people are interested in, if not I won't be continuing it.

---------

Prologue

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Sugar is sweet.....

That was the the only poem I could think to chant in my head as I stared at the large manila envelope in front of me. I had been waiting for this envelop for months, but now that it's here I was petrified to open it.

"Aria, open it sweetheart." A throaty voice came from across the table. I looked up at the thick greying man in front of me and frowned.

"I'm scared dad." I admitted turning my gaze back to the envelope in question.

"Sweetie, it's a large envelope, that's a good sign." Came a silvery voice that belonged to my mother. This time I didn't look up. I focused on the envelope in front of me, as if I might be able to suddenly use X-ray vision to see through it.

"Ari, if you don't open it I will!" Two hands came to take the envelope away from me and I instinctively grabbed it close to my chest. I glanced up at my brother and scowled.

"I'll open it." I told him hastily and placed the envelop in from of me. Using my index finger I pushed under the flap, and slowly pulled the seal apart. Once it was completely open I looked up at my parents, and saw their reassuring smiles planted at me. Taking a deep breath, I slid put the contents of the envelope. A few pages from the back slipped out of my nervous hands and fell out, but I managed to hold on to the most important document.

I looked up at my parents once again for courage before reading it out loud.

"Dear Aria Roselyn Gardner, we are pleased to inform you that you have been awarded a full ride scholarship to attend......" I faded out, unable to believe my eyes.

"Oh my god! Sweetie you got it!" My mom's voice chirped as she walked around the table. "Aria you're going to boarding school in the fall!" Warm arms enclosed me into a hug. The smell of jasmine flooded into my nose, it was my mom's signature scent.

"Congratulations sweetheart!" My dad said deeply as he too came around and enclosed me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you!" He mumbled into my hair.

"Thanks dad." I told him softly, still unable to believe that I had gotten it. A full ride scholarship to one of the most prestigious boarding schools in the nation, maybe even the world! I would be starting two years later than most students did but I didn't care, I was ecstatic, besides during my interview they assured me that they had a lot of students who transfer in and out every year.

"Yes! Now I don't have to deal with you for two whole years!" My brother announced pumping a fist into the air.

"Andrew." My dad warned but Andy just laughed and shrugged his shoulder.

"Andy learn from your sister, see all her hard work paid off." My mom directed at my brother.

"If not having a social life is what it takes to succeed in this world then I want no part of it." Andy stated crossing his arms.

"Hey!" I howled. "I have a social life."

"Ari you have three friends, all of who would rather spend the weekend reading than going out." My punk of a brother remained me.

I crinkled my nose at him. "There is nothing wrong with reading." I defended.

"Sure, sure. Just keep telling yourself that." Andy's lips smirked down at me and that was all it took for me to charge towards him.

Andy was two years younger than me, but he was already almost my height. I knew guys didn't hit their growth spurt till later but seeing how Andy was already growing and looking at my dad, I knew he was going to be tall.

"Oh whoa someone's offended." Andy said in a singing tone, before putting his hands out in front of him and taking a few steps back.

I was almost about to tackle him when my body was suddenly held back. "Now young lady, this is a time to celebrate not resort to violence." My dad said gently maneuvering himself between me and my brother.

I pouted at him. "He started it." I reminded him.

Dad nodded his head at that. "Yes, but that doesn't mean you should finish it. What do you say we go out tonight to celebrate your accomplishment?"

I smiled at that, thinking about the boarding school. "I would love that!"

-------------------

First off thank you so much for taking the time to read this! Totally made my day :)

Please VOTE and COMMENT if you enjoyed this chapter!

Also let me know if you think I should keep going or not. If you guys are interested I don't want to spend time writing it.