43. Cold Eyes

C A T H E R I N E
I woke up to someone flushing the toilet. I groaned. Fuck. I have a huge headache. It felt like someone was pounding nails in my brain or something. I noticed the sleeve of my hoodie was up, exposing my scars. I quickly put the sleeve down and headed downstairs. I served myself some orange juice and swallowed two Advil's. I took out a pan to make myself some eggs. I heard footsteps coming downstairs, thinking it was Nick. "Hey Nick! Want some- Oh. Hi Mike." I awkwardly stood there. "Hey." He looked a little disappointed. "How did you get here?" I asked. "You don't remember at all?" I nodded my head. "We didn't fu-" Mike repeatedly shook his head, "No. We talked and you went to sleep in my arms." I sighed, feeling disappointed at myself. Even though I love Mike, I just need to ignore him, it's for my own good. "C-Catherine? Why do you cut yourself?" I gulped. No. This is my secret. My palms felt sweaty and I just wanted to disappear. No one was suppose to find out about this! "Catherine! Answer me!" Mike said, raising his voice. "I-I don't wanna talk about it. Yo-You need to l-leave Mike." I said as I started pushing him towards the door. "No! Talk to me! Ple-" I stared at Mike. "Never! Just please! Leave me alone!" I yelled as I shut the door on his face. It's like everything in my body shut down, I felt numb. Catherine slowly walked upstairs to her bathroom and repeatedly hit her head on the wall. 'You're so stupid." A voice in her head repeatedly said. "You can never make no one happy. Might as well just kill yourself. They won't miss you. They don't love you. They never did! That's why Mike cheated on you, you worthless slut. That's why Jack left you!"
"Shut up!" Catherine yelled. She freaked out and started to destroy everything in her room. "Get out of my head!" Catherine sobbed as she sat on the floor. A shiny metal caught her eye, of course Catherine always had to have a spare. She crawled towards the razor and without thinking, she continued to cut both of her wrists. Catherine ran downstairs to grab two bottles of sleeping pills and a bottle of Vodka. She ran back upstairs, not caring that she left tracks of blood behind. She sat down, feeling dizzy. She took the pills with a drink of vodka. She gulped, soon regretting it. I looked at my wrists, blood everywhere. "What the fuck did I do!?" I quickly got up, but fell down. My vision turned blurry. Fuck. I grabbed my phone and called the first person in my mind. Mike.
"Hello?" He sounded like he's been crying. "Mike." I cried. "Please come back, I t-took p-pills and I cut my wrists. Mike I'm scared I don't know what to do!"
"I'll- I'll be right there!"
"Okay." I clicked. Suddenly, my head felt heavy. And everything went black.