Chapter 21: Argent Moon

Following after Blue Team, we were sent to help capture Argent Moon from Covenant forces. Since they had regrouped under a new leader, it was only fitting for us all to go. Blue team were happy to see me again, as they hadn't heard from myself or John for a while. And out of the two of us I was probably the more mentally stable. 

"Star?"

"Almost there Captain. I'll let you know when to go."

Putting on our helmets and getting ready, I sealed the compartment where Star was driving. 

"Radio Check?"

"Zeta 2. Check." Faith.

"Zeta 3. Check" Malcolm.

"Zeta 4. Check" Kate.

"Zeta Actual. Check" Star.

"Zeta 1. Check. Alright all you, let's get moving. John and Blue team are a minute ahead of us."

"Copy that" I heard from all of them. Opening the airlock, we all started moving, diving out of the pelican. 

Using jetpacks, we started off toward the ONI station. Following John, we went a different way to avoid running into the group and instead fighting our own battles. Communicating very little between the two teams, it was very easy to get through the waves of enemies. 

Just as Blue Team reported getting to Central Control, their comms went out and I could tell something probably went wrong. 

I could see something strange- It was like my team, as well as John, were all in this dark, moon-like area. Cortana, the destroyed AI, was also there. 

"You all seeing this? Please tell me I'm not crazy." Faith started.

"What...." I heard John mumble.

"What the actual hell is going on?" I asked. 

"The Domain is open. Meridian is Next." Cortana said, disappearing from view, along with the whole vision. 

"What the actual fuck." I said.

"That was... Weird..." Kate piped in.

"Maybe it had something to do with the Librarian all those months ago?" Malcolm reasoned.

"What, like the immunity to the Composer? Maybe." I replied.

"Well, Everyone just saw that fucking weird shit so I'm not going crazy." Faith was definitely wide-eyed.

"No Faith, you're not going crazy. Not unless we all are." I replied with a snicker. I called Blue team and asked what their plan was now. 

"Meet up with us to get to the Control Center. We can talk more there."

"John-I mean, Blue One?"

"Yes Zeta One?"

"We need to talk later."

"You too?"

"My whole team."

He cut off, and we started our way, according to Kate, to where they were. It wasn't too difficult, since she shared plans with Frederic to get back. As we were getting to the meetup point, Covenant ships came in from slipspace, outnumbering our eight. 

"Get back to your pelican Elizabeth."

"John-"

"GO. We're going to destroy the reactor, and all these ships."

"Affirmative. We'll see you after."

Running back to the entrance point, we stealthed our way back to the Pelican, that Star had kept hidden.

"Mission failed?"

"We secured it, I guess. We have to waste all the R&D but that happens in war."

"Yeah."

After reporting Cortana, and finding another team was taking care of her, we decided to go to Meridian anyway, Court-Martial or not. 

I was gonna find out how exactly we got there.

"Captain Doe- You are to-"

"Unless an Admiral gives me a goddamned order I'm your senior Laskey. Don't fucking forget that. And I say Chief and I are going to goddamn Meridian. It's a matter of need."

"Captain..."

"What?" I turned to Kate, who had her hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down."

"I need to know what the fuck is going on, and why we all had that vision. John, all of us... It has something to do with Cortana and the Librarian, or at least the Forerunners. I'm not going to let that fucking slide."

"I just need you to calm down."

She took the comms from me, and explained to Laskey what happened. 

"Oh, so that's  what- Hold on. Halsey is alive and on the ship and needs me for a moment."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah. It's a long story and Elizabeth and John aren't supposed to know-"

"WELL I DO NOW."

"Well... I just failed my job. Go ahead to Meridian... I'll let you know of conflicting orders later."

I fist pumped in the air, calling John about the news. 

"We're all good?"

"Yep. It's good to have your sis as a Captain, right?"

"Thanks Elizabeth."

Laskey left the line open, and in the background I could hear the words, said by an admiral from ONI: 

"Target the Master Chief, his Blue team, Elizabeth, and her Team Zeta. They are to be brought in and court-martialed. Team Osiris, you're on it."

"That little fuck." I said, pissed off as all hell after closing the line. 

A/N Yes, it's short. Yes, I'm watching Halo 5 as I write this. I'M HAPPY WITH HOW IT TURNED OUT I THINK. Okay so I'm ready to watch and write more :D