She pulled up to a red light and made eye contact with me, "So you wanna tell me the truth?"

I decided to keep it short and sweet, "I got into another fight yesterday ..."

"How come?"

"They came at me first. One had a bat. Had to do something because that fucking bat wasn't touching me."

She nodded, "I'm glad you survived. I probably would've freaked out."

"Its not the first time I wound up in some unfair situation. Life's a whore who doesn't let me cum."

**

"So this is my place," Hielee said, standing in the middle of her kitchen.

She has a really small house. The size of this kitchen is just about as big as my room. Its nice though. You don't get any dead people vibes and shit. In my house all you feel is a thickening tension that drives you up the wall.

"Its nice." I said.

She gave me an awkward smile, "Your house is ten times bigger than this huh?"

I laughed, "Yeah, but, no point to have big house when its just filled with shit."

She folded her arms and cocked her head to the side. Maliah does this when she's trying to figure out if I'm lying or not, "Can I ask you a personal question?"

I shrugged, figuring it can't get any worse than being questioned about Maliah, "Sure."

"Do you have a good relationship with your parents?" She asked softly.

I shook my head, "Nope."

She nodded, looking kinda sad, "Can I ask why?"

"I wasn't the favorite and my brother died so ... things just went south. My Dad and I have a really shitty relationship so I don't bother with him. My Mom is just a ball of paranoia that I don't want to indulge in."

She frowned, "Your brother died? I'm so sorry."

"Its okay. I've made my peace with it, but they haven't."

"I don't blame them ... I can't imagine losing a child, you know?"

"Yeah, whatever. Anything else you wanna know?"

"That's it. For now."

"So what about you? You have a good relationship with your parents?" I asked. Might as well find some info about her too.

"I have a good relationship from with my Mom. My father isn't in my life, so. Its just me and mama Garcia." She answered.

"Well its good that you have your Mom, you know."

She smiled, "It is good. Want some beer?"

It takes me a second to understand her question. Beer? At nine in the morning? I can't even remember the last time I put a bottle to my mouth.

One won't hurt me though and its free, "What kind?"

"I have Budweiser and Corona."

"Can I take both?"

"Yeah. If you want."

"Nice," I smiled. "I haven't drank in a little while so I may just get a buzz."

She smiles back and turns to her refrigerator. When she opens it I can see all the beer at the bottom row. Now I'm curious as to why they have so much beer in the first place. Does her Mom let her drink?