I turned my attention to Sasuke and Sakura when I heard puking. Sasuke was throwing up and Sakura was crying. I furrowed my eyebrows. What did she do to get them like that? What did they see? I got into a position, ready to jump out of the tree any moment. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but when she pulled out two kunai, I decided enough was enough. No way in hell was she killing my friends.

Sasuke had his own kunai up and I tried getting there before he could act, but he had already stuck it into his leg. I swooped him and Sakura up into the trees in what seemed like just a flash of blue. When we were what seemed to be safe for a while, I pulled out the kunai stuck in Sasuke's leg and started healing it. Since my Hoshigan was activated, my medical ninjutsu was better, so I was healing his wound quicker. Sakura returned to her senses and was about to yell, but Sasuke covered her mouth with his hand while I was healing him. After a few seconds, she pulled the hand away from her face and yelled,

"Sasuke, Hotaru, watch out!"

I turned to see a large snake. We all jumped back and, for some reason, Sasuke's face was completely overwhelmed with fear.

"No!" he screamed and threw five shuriken at the giant snake, killing it quickly. However, that wasn't the end of our battle. The Grass Ninja came out from inside the snake and stared menacingly at Sasuke. I stood in front of him protectively.

"I see the fear and desperation in your eyes. You don't let your guard down, which is smart for a prey to do when in the presence of their predator!" the woman cackled and licked her lips. Sasuke's red eyes due to the Sharingan were wide, while I glared at her. I wasn't going to let her scare me, however she kind of did when she started slithering up the tree. Her body became like that of a snake, and it was honestly the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

She started slithering towards Sasuke and I, making the grip I had on my kunai tighter. He screamed, making me frown, I didn't like the way he was acting at all. This ninja must be extremely strong to get Sasuke like this, cowering under her like a mouse. I was prepared to create a crystal barrier or shield with my hair at any time. Thankfully though, kunai and shuriken were thrown at her, which meant I saved my chakra.

"Looks like I came just in time!" Naruto's voice yelled from above us. We all looked up to see our teammate with his arms crossed. Sure, I was glad he was here to help, however, I was afraid this enemy was going to be no match for us and that he might get hurt.

"Naruto! Sakura cheered.

"Oh and by the way, what was that password again?" he said, making me slightly smile, but it wasn't long until my seriousness returned.

"Naruto! What are you doing? You don't know what you're up against! Hurry, go now while you still can!" Sasuke screamed, making me turn my face with a look of disgust.

"So Naruto, you managed to escape my little friend. Well done," the Grass Ninja praised, making me frown and turn to her. So she was the one that summoned the snake...

"Okay, I don't know what's going on here, but you've been picking on my friends, and I don't like that. So you better slither on back into your hole, Snake Lady, before I make a pair of shoes out of ya!" Naruto threatened, making my frown deepen. In a way, Sasuke is right. You don't know what you're dealing with, and shooting around insults isn't going to help our current situation...

Unexpectedly, Sasuke's chakra shifted. I furrowed my eyebrow and faced him to see he had deactivated his Sharingan. I blinked a few times when he yelled "You can have it" to the Grass Ninja. Did he mean the scroll? What is he, an idiot? He stuck his hand in his weapon pouch and pulled out a Heaven scroll.