Chapter 36: Who Will I Be?

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I waited next to Maria while we waited for the race to finish. Maria and Anastasia have come over almost every day and they come to all of our athletic events too. I don’t think I’ve ever had friends who are so caring and loyal as those two. Anastasia really proved herself after the shooting. I’m glad there are genuine people like her who start out in a bad life that are really able to turn their lives around. Anastasia left her brother for good after that whole event and she stayed with us for a while before working something out with Maria’s parents. She seems so happy now.

“There he is!” Maria said to get my attention.

I looked up to see Dylan running behind two others. He caught up to one of them just in time to finish second.

“I’m gonna go congratulate him,” I told Maria and Anastasia, “You want to come with?”

“Yeah,” They both nodded.

We walked over to where Dylan was walking around trying to cool down.

“Great job,” I told him.

He put his arm around me and smiled, “You did pretty great too.”

“Picture,” Maria said.

They stood in front of us and snapped pictures of Dylan and I.

“I want a copy of those,” I told them, “I want to make a scrapbook to remember junior and senior year.”

“I’ll print them off tonight,” Maria said.

“Thank you.”

“I’m exhausted,” Dylan said, “I need some food.”

“Me too,” I agreed.

“We have to go,” Anastasia said.

“She’s right,” Maria frowned, “We have plans with my parents.”

“It’s okay, I’m really glad you could come.”

“Us too,” Anastasia said.

“See ya,” I waved at them.

“Bye.”

Dylan and I walked over to the concession stand with his arm still around me.

“I got this,” Dylan said, putting his arm down to get his wallet. “What do you want?”

“Nacho please?”

He chuckled, “Sure, I’ll get the same thing.”

He ordered two waters and two nachos and we sat down on the bleachers to eat them. The crowd was starting to gather around now while everyone got ready to hand out the medals.

“Having a good day?” Dylan asked me.

I nodded and smiled, “It’s been a good day.”

“It has,” he agreed.

“What are we doing after this?”

“I don’t know about you, but I want to lie down.”

I laughed, “That sounds good. I have homework to do.”

“Me too,” he said, “Math.”

“I have Math and history.”

“I’ll help you with history, I finished mine last night.”

“Good, I can finish faster that way.”

We stayed long enough to get our medals before Dylan drove us to my house. We sat in my living room to do some of our homework before deciding to do anything else. My schedule has been so busy that I’ve been trying to reserve Sundays for relaxing and writing music. My mom tried to make the argument that I’m getting myself too busy, but I don’t see any other way to do it. I’m too busy during the week to really write and record and I have a cross country meet on Saturdays. I get that she’s trying to protect me, but I want my life to be like this. I want to write music, go to school, and be on the cross country team. I want to have a normal life and I want to continue growing my career.

“Kayla?”

I was snapped out of my thoughts, “Sorry I was spacing.”

“What are you thinking about?”

“Something my mom said to me.”

“What happened?”

“She just said I’m getting myself too busy. She’s worried I’m overworking myself.”

“Do you feel like you’re overworking yourself?”

I shrugged, “I chose this life. I want to be doing everything I’m doing right now.”

“Then don’t listen to what she’s saying.”

“But what if she’s right? What if I’m doing to get too busy right now and it’s going to come back to slap me in the face later? My manager said it too.”

“Said what?” Dylan set his books down.

“I don’t want to be a train wreck.”

“Kay if your manager thinks you’re a train wreck then maybe you should –“

“No,” I shook my head, “She doesn’t think I am a train wreck she said I could become one if I keep up with a busy schedule like this. She doesn’t want me to try to handle school and traveling with a music career.”

“You want to know what I think?”

I nodded.

“I think you are old enough to decide what you want to do with your life. You have to be able to make your own mistakes; your manager, your mom, not even I can stop you from doing that. It’s the only way you’re going to know the right path.”

I sighed, “I just don’t want to make the wrong decision.”

“Making the wrong decision sometimes leads you to the right places.”

I smiled, “You’re so smart sometimes. What do you think I should do?”

“I think you should do whatever you think is the right decision. You haven’t seemed too busy or stressed out lately. If it gets too overwhelming then maybe take a break from one thing for a while.”

“Okay.”

“You’re okay now?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “Sorry for spacing.”

“It’s okay,” he smiled, “you have a lot going on.”

“I think I need a good LovatoIsLouder meeting soon.”

“That always does cheer you up.”

“It does,” I agreed, “And it can be the first meeting in my new house.”

“That’s a great idea,” he said, “We can ask them all about it on Monday.”

“Okay.”

THE END CHAPTER 36!!!!!

feedback?

Please vote and comment!!

Still don't have a lot of time to write so it'll probably be a week or two until the next update. sorry :/