09

mingyu was heartbroken all over again. he finally knew how wonwoo felt after he slept with jihoon. he shouldn't have expected anything though; he knew it was too good to be true. it was all back to square one with mingyu. it was back to isolating himself in his apartment.

wonwoo felt terrible. he didn't want to tell mingyu about seungcheol because there was something wonwoo had to tell seungcheol before mingyu found out about seungcheol. after mingyu left that day, wonwoo broke up with seungcheol. he had been meaning to break it off with seungcheol because he wanted to go back to mingyu even after mingyu cheated on him. wonwoo still loved mingyu.

wonwoo had never run so fast in his entire life. he could've run through the entire city in just one breath, he was running that fast. he was so eager, so willing to fall back into mingyu's large embrace. tears slipped out of the corner of his eyes as he ran up the stairs of the tall apartment complex and down to mingyu's door at the end of the hall.

he rang the doorbell. no one answered. he knocked on the door a few times. still, no one answered. finally, he yelled through the door, his breath hitching as he called mingyu's name.

"mingyu! please open the door, it's me," wonwoo took a breath. "it's wonwoo,"

the door opened shortly later, a disheveled mingyu appearing in front of the door. the door opened wider, and there was a pause. the whole world froze as wonwoo smiled at the taller boy in front of him, mingyu's eyes widening as he realized that it really and truly was wonwoo. wonwoo's heavy breathes drowned out the other small noises around them; it was only wonwoo, and it was only mingyu. the moment passed, wonwoo and mingyu stepped towards each other. wonwoo cupped mingyu's face, and he brought his lips to his. mingyu's eyes stayed open as wonwoo clung to the boy. mingyu's eyes closed, and his arms found their way to wonwoo's cheeks and neck.

the stood there, the door open, and tears streaming down their faces as they kissed in the doorway. the world continued on around them as they clung tightly to each other, their hands vowing to never let each other go. they were together, and they were in love, and that was beautiful.

"wonwoo," mingyu said as his blurry eyes rested on the shorter boy's face.

"yes, mingyu," wonwoo smiled and nodded.

"why did you kiss me?"

"because i love you,"