St. Petersburg

She re-entered our room a moment later, wearing out school uniform of white polos, khaki pants, and black flats. I gave her a quizzical look.

"You are aware we don't have to wear our uniform...right?"

"Of course! I would've asked you why you are wearing that if I didn't know why!" she nodded.

"Then why are you wearing our uniform?" my eyebrows furrowed into my skull.

She shrugged. "I just want to; that's all!" she smiled.

"But why would want to, is my question!"

"I don't know. I just like it."

"But-"

I was cut off by knocking on our door.

"Girls! Girls, we're leaving! Come along now!" Ms. Beklyn's airy and mystical voice floated in through the door.

"Coming!" we called simultaneously, before we walked out the door and raced downstairs, me tripping over the final step.

I said nothing, but Reygan gave an, "Are you okay, Rivy?"

"Yep! I'm fine!" I smiled. She sighed in relief.

"That's good. Don't fancy being hurt on the day of the city." she murmured. 

"Nope." I grunted, and lined up in the grand foyer, lit up by the magnificent crystal chandelier.

"Okay! When I call you name, you will walk over to Ms. Beklyn! Everyone understand that?" Mr. Shocker called over the megaphone, due to his voice being barely above a whisper. "Lance Zenter."

A boy, appearing 15 walked over to our advisor.

"Alexandra Brown."

A girl, not much taller than we are strode confidently over.

"Isabelle Davis."

She walked over.

"Jacq Smith."

The little boy meandered over.

"Reygan Johnson."

She trotted over to Ms. Beklyn's side.

"Her twin."

"I have a name, you know!" I yelled over everyone's laughs.

"River Johnson." he sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Thank you!" I dashed over and ran clumsily into the wall, prompting everyone to laugh harder. Only Reygan and Isabelle didn't. In fact, they were the only ones who dared come forward to help me up.

"Awww, looks like Little Rivykins has no friends except bossy Isabelle Davis and her nerd of a twin, Reygan Johnson!" Daniel Crasander, the school/orphanage's biggest bully mocked me.

I leapt up and held a fist to his face. "You insult my sister or my friend one more time, Mr. and you'll wish you were never born...understand me, Dan Crasander?" I said.

"Ms. Beklyn, River just insulted me!" he whined.

"I think I asked no whining out of you, Crasander, did I not?" she asked sternly.

"But she threatened me!"

"Because you provoked her by insulting her friends! Detention for you! And while I'm at it, your gang!" she yelled and stepped towards my side and smiled at me.

He stood there with his mouth gaping in shock. He closed it, then opened it as if he was about to say something else, but then shut it once again. I grinned to myself.