CH.4 Off-duty adrenaline

Start from the beginning

“You scared me, creepy ninja.” I hissed snatching the note and shoving it in my jeans pocket. There was no need to look like a mama-boy right in front of him, but he cracked a small and rather dark smirk and then assessed me with his usual cryptic stare.

“I already saw the note, no need to hide it from me. It is good your family and you are this close; there is nothing to be shy about.”

How the hell did he always manage to catch everything and read into me? Damn, don’t tell me that idiot of my brother was right about Jedi powers, right? Great, here we go. Babbling craps like my twin…ahh…better get a move.

“I wasn’t hiding it.” I lied and he simply arched one brow and then turned his back to me. “Hey, I was talking to you.”

“And I heard you, Anatoly. My ears function perfectly.” He walked to the kitchen counter and grabbed a thermos. “We should move now, if you are ready; or do you prefer drink coffee here?” Oleg looked back at me and showed the thermos.

“I can drink it later; I’m not that old to desperately need a coffee to work in the morning.”

“I can tell that.” We exchanged a silent glance, me eyeing him confused, not understanding what he meant. “Your bratty sarcasm is already wide awake and petulant.” He smirked again in that evil and damn annoying way and then walked out of kitchen, leaving me there fuming for having not the time to counter debate.

Annoying bastard!

Annoying, creepy bastard that looked freaking hot as first thing in the morning, wearing dark jeans, military boots and a simple Ducati leather jacket. I rolled my eyes at how pathetic that was of me and smacked my head against the fridge; there, stop it now and for good. So I grabbed the box mum made for us and followed him downstairs where he had already prepared everything. No way he had woken up just at five.

“When did you actually get up? You got everything ready. You could have asked me; I know how to fix a bike on the cart.”

“At four thirty.” That was his only answer and a silent snort left my mouth, for then walking to my dad’s BMW X6 to put my bag in the back. “Mr. Denisov kindly let me use his car, as mine is probably not adequate to tow a truck with two bikes.”

I went to say something smart, but my mouth shut up as soon as my eyes landed first on his car parked at the end of the garage, a damn amazing blue Dodge Viper with the two classical white parallel stripes. This man here sure enjoyed speed; and then my eyes shifted to his bike, almost popping out and drooling, that if eyes could effectively drool. Shit, she was such a babe..a red babe. And a Ducati; I had a soft spot for that bike because both of my heroes raced on her, and well, sure King Carl Fogarty kicked ass on that one. Oleg owned a damn amazing and badass Superbike Ducati 1199 Panigale R, and he sure knew how to bring the best out of that babe. There was no freaking reason to feel ashamed in saying that my mouth watered at the sight of it and my hand rubbed my chin just in case, as I felt like drooling in front of that red view. Yeah, mine was another great dark babe; actually, we were going to kick his ass today. I smirked and shot him a smug glare.

“So it’s true what they say about old geezers right?” Oleg gave me an emotionless look and then took a step toward me, but I stood there.

“What is it now, Anatoly?” He asked with calm and impassive voice and damn, how can someone look so hot at five in the morning? Oh for crying out loud, drop it, idiot.

“They say that old geezers don’t need to sleep a lot, so it’s right.” I sniggered.

Oleg said nothing and then chuckled, but it sure wasn’t because he found what I said amusing, as it sounded completely dry.