4;

Hermann had watched Marley run from the firehouse in tears and had slowly decided to follow her. Christopher knew she was probably closer with either Matt or Peter but he was the dad- he hoped he knew what to say.

Marley's eyes had gone from a single tear washing her face to a rain of them drowning it. She ran. She ran and didn't know when to stop. She had reached the bench outside the firehouse when she collapsed into an attack of sobs. There was nothing she wanted more than a hug.

Hermann saw the scene unfold, and he quickly jogged towards her. Slowly sitting besides her, she glanced up at him, tears streaming down her face. He smiled sadly at her, not knowing what was making her hurt so badly but not wanting her to feel alone either, and embraced her in his arms. At first she tensed but within a few seconds she had grabbed his upper arm and was freely crying into his chest. He began to soothe the teenager, rubbing her arm supportively and whispering things every now and then.

After a moment or two, but no longer, her sobs faded and she released him from her arms.

"Sorry about that." She mumbled whilst wiping her eyes. He shook his head.

"Not at all. But d'ya mind telling me what's wrong?" He asked, almost hesitantly. He knew most teenage girls would either lash out for invasion of privacy or they'd say they're fine. However, Marley knew she could trust Christopher, and decided to tell him the truth.

"What's wrong with me?" She asked bluntly.

"What do you mean sweetheart?"

"Why is it that everyone who I love doesn't love me back." She asked disheartedly. Chris shook his head with a smirk- boy troubles.

"Listen kiddo, although I don't like Ryan, he obviously is attracted to you- you're his girlfriend and from the sounds of him he wouldn't settle for just anything. Boy trouble-" Marley cut him off slightly.

"I'm not just on about Ryan. I mean everyone. Ryan, yes. But, ya know, my dad too." She whispered, looking down in sadness. The statement shocked Chris and his eyes widened. He knew she never spoke to anyone about what her father had done to her, and she rarely even mentioned her old family ever.

"Listen sweetie, you're amazing. I can promise you, that whatever your dad did to you, was not your fault. You didn't deserve it. And you have Kelly, Shay and Otis, but you also have all of us here, every single one. You have Leon. And you can talk to anyone of us about anything at all, whether it be homework, boy trouble or if you want to tell someone about what has happened to you in the past, and we'll all be here to listen and help you in anyway you can. We all love you, Marley, and none of us are going anywhere." Chris smiled at the teenager and gave her a warm hug. She returned it gratefully.