Part 8

HOWDY! How are my lovely wattpadians? GOOD? Yay! So hopefully you like this part... I'm dragging out a little I know, but I love it. Anyways, follow me on twitter & ill love you forever... @Meghan_Rusniak

And guys seriously talk to me I hate not getting messages, I love communicating with you! Okay, vote & comment!

I don't think I've ever packed so fast in my life, I seriously need some new clothes. I start hauling my stuff down the creaky stairs of my Moms old house. Surprisingly, I never thought it was haunted, like I thought of Olive's was. I mean... her dad was a little crazy all the time, was it some spirits driving him insane. I lose myself in my thoughts so I don't notice when Mom stood in front of me. She smiled a little. "Hi honey. Where are you going?" She eyes the bags.

"I'm not the one who's dying, so why am I the one who's sulking?" I explain, "And I miss home. And Chase." I haven't talked to him all week I've been here, unable to face the truth, so hiding from home. He called and texted, all the good boyfriend things, but I wouldn't talk. He doesn't even know about my dad, but he's probably the only jackass whose smirk will make me feel better.

"Oh, Chase. Yeah, how'd you get such a cute boy?" She winks, and I fake a laugh. I wonder how she'd react if I said, 'Well Mom, he was bet that he couldn't get me to the sack in a month... and he fell in love with me!' But that's beside the point. We're together now... as long as he forgives me for disappearing for a week. Mom doesn't give me time to answer her, because she starts talking again. "Listen though, your Dad is strong. He doesn't want you to treat him any differently than you would before. So be normal, okay? You know as well as I do he hates sympathy, and he'd keel over if you were giving it to him. Understand?"

I nod slowly, then say simply, "I'm sorry for this week."

Mom eyebrows shoot up in a questioning mold. "Don't worry, I barely knew you were here." A slow smile spreads throughout her face, "But I'm glad you stayed for a little while."

"My point exactly... we didn't spend time together, I just sat upstairs all day."

"Don't worry about it honey, we have time to catch up on those years I wasn't there later.But you better love me for the news I'm about to give you." Again the smile grew until it was blinding.

"What is it?" I'm curious, because her surprises are never good.

"Well, your dad is still going to travel and work, so I talked him into letting you stay home, because missing school is pointless. By the way, Fearn will not be there to babysit."

"Thank god! Thanks Mom." I smile lightly, thinking that now the nights of eating and watching movies with my boyfriend can start again... and maybe something else? I shake the thought from my head and notice Moms outstretched arms that are awkwardly chilling, waiting to know if a hug would be fine.

My immediate response is sure, shes just being a mom. That's what Moms do... they hug their daughters. But not Rachel and I. I shift my arms to cross them and decide for her. We've got long way until that happens. She seems to understand and sighs. "I'll go call your Dad and let him know you're going home. Be right back." Her figure disappears toward the kitchen for the phone, giving me a free mintue to call Chase.

I dial the number I've had memorized since day one and listen to the ringing. On the second set of rings, I hear "Hello?"

"Chase," I breathe out, not realizing I had been holding it in, "Hey."

"Hi McKenna." The cold hello surprises me a little, but not much. I owe him an explanation. But I seem to be bad at those, if I remember the sleeping with my sisters husband, but it was actually Annabelle thing. My heart's struck cold, fear gripped me. What if he gets tired of my emotional responses? My dumb reasons to get mad at him?