COMPLETE PART 9

I sleep a lot. I know I do. I never really minded until tonight. I'm paralyzed in the same dream, one of my dad slowly evaporating from a hospital bed. Over and over it plays until I wake up at the crack of dawn.

It's too early to call chase, but I do anyways. When he finally answers, after six calls he says "Goodmorning?" In a sexy voice. Why am I even thinking about anything sexy right now? I'm a terrible person.

"I'm here all alone and I need you right now." I say, breathlessly trying to grab clothes for a shower.

"Sounds like a booty call..." Chase says and pauses, then laughs. "I like it. I'll see you in 10 minutes." And he hangs up.

As I'm in the shower, thoughts of every single thing float into my mind.

My dying father.

My soon to be stepmom.

My mom, our relationship.

Chase. The bet... The pressure out of nowhere.

School, what is even going on in school anymore? I wouldn't -

I'm interrupted by Chase banging on the door, demanding to be let in.

"I'm just waxing my armpits, isn't that the best turn on?" I laugh.

He makes a disgusted notice and yells at me to hurry. So I do, and everything creeps back into my mind.

I decide there's one way to forget about everything. I walk out of the bathroom and say hello to Chase, but before he can speak, we're kissing. A deep kiss, one that I push further as I throw us onto the bed.

Chase seems surprised. I smile and pull away. "What can I say? I missed you."

He laughs, "I missed you too. I guess we'll catch up later?" And we go back to kissing.

After a few minutes. I feel it. IT. Normally, at this point I pull away, tell him we need to cool down. Chase knows I felt it because he starts to get off of me.

But this time, I tighten my grip on his neck and say "Don't."

Chase looks puzzled, and I smile. "I want you." Is all I say.

And then I take my shirt off.

*******

Chase immediately pushes us apart and says "Put your shirt on, McKenna."

In utter shock, I do what he says. I don't understand? I'm ready for this, for him. I try again " Chase I want you so badly. Right now, nothing is stopping us." It comes out throaty, almost seductive. I put my hand on his upper thigh and smirk.

Only for him to push it off. "We're not ready for that yet. You're not." Is all he says.

Disappointment crashes through me like a wrecking ball. "You don't want me?" Is all I can muster.

In response, Chase laughs. A huge laugh, like I just told the funniest joke ever. "McKenna, you have to believe me that not having sex with you right now is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever done, from a guys point of view. I want you so bad, you have no clue," He sighs. " But from the guy who loves you point of view, I know there's something wrong and I plan on fixing it, okay? So have mercy on me and stop touching me, and tell me what's going on."

"Well I didn't know we had a damn therapist in the house," I laugh, expecting him to join in. He doesn't, so I decide to tell him. "My Dad is dying. He's dying Chase, and he's leaving me with Fearn. He's been dying. I've been too busy playing around with you to notice he's getting sick. He didn't even tell me until now! He's had it for years! Cancer. It's killing him and I can't help him and I feel so alone an-" I'm sobbing uncontrollably at this point, and Chase wraps me up in his arms, rocking me gently.

"Oh McKenna, my baby, I'm so sorry." That's all he says. I didn't expect much, but the surge of relief that someone is holding me up is incredible. "I know I sound stupid right now, but everything will work out." He's rubbing my back, reassuring me. Which brings on an entirely new sense of hysteria.

"God, when are you going to get sick of my drama?! You're not going to stay around forever, I'm messing everything up!" Tears fall so harshly from my face I can't see what's in front of me.

Suddenly Chase's face comes in full view, and he grabbed my chin so we were looking eye to eye. "Listen to me right now Micky. I am in love with you. You're stuck with me forever. I daydream about us getting married, about our kids. You are never getting rid of me, no matter what happens. And I will not have sex with you ever," his voice goes to a whisper, "but when the time is right, I will make love to you."

"I can't control what happens to your dad, but I know he's strong. And I also know that you're strong. I will help you get through this, no matter what. If it means I give up time with Angie to be here with you, I will. Because I love you, and we can make it out of this." Slowly his lips press onto mine, and a dance begins. My hands entwine in his hair, and a moan comes from somewhere deep in my throat.

"Thank you," Is what I say to him when our lips part. "For being perfect. And thank you for stopping me, I don't want out first time to be because I'm an emotional wreck. Thank you." And I kiss him one more time.

Right now, in his arms, things just don't seem as bad. They're manageable. Especially with Chase by my side.

As Im thinking this, he smirks and pulls me closer to him. "Man who are we kidding? Lets get nakie!"

That's the first time I really laughed in a week