Part 15

I want to take the opportunity to thank all the readers, all the voters and reviewers. When I first started this story I intented it to be a short story with the main focus on the bedtime tale. But because of your support it has become a 15 chapter fanfiction. So thanks again! I hope you like the ending. It is a bit bittersweet but I could not find a good way to end this.

She was about to ignore his words, turn away and make a hasty exit when his warm hand grabbed hers gently. His soft touch made her stand still immediately. She slowly turned around to face him.

He looked at her with so much love clearly visible in his brown eyes.

"I don't know if I can do this," she admitted while she sought comfort in his strong arms and buried her face in his chest. Inhaling his masculine scent deeply. Shahrukh immediately stroked her back trying to expel all the bad thoughts that were haunting her mind.

"I know it is hard. But you are one of the strongest independent woman I know. I am sure you will find the strength. I on the other hand don't know if I am strong enough to hide my feelings for you. My body keeps reacting to you as if I am young teenager," he admitted.

Kajol could not help but blush when she clearly felt the evidence of his desire through his track pants.

"So we better not hug when we are around other people. To avoid uncomfortable situations." Kajol suggested.

"Yes we just need some rules, so we can get through the rest of the shooting" her co-star agreed.

"I never imagined we would be uncomfortable with each other during work." Kajol sadly said.

"Hey, you don't make me feel uncomfortable. You just make me feel a bit too good. But it is super frustrating knowing that I can't act on my feelings. It is talking every inch of my willpower for me to resist from kissing you and making sweet love to you." He huskily said.

"Kajol did not dare to look in his eyes, she knew she would be lost in them," so she tried the trick that had helped her a few minutes ago. She took his celphone and showed him the picture on his background: it was a picture of Suhana and Aryan making some silly faces.

She smiled when she felt the bulge in his pants lessen.

"See I have found the solution to our problem. We just have to think about our children and remind ourselves that we can never be together if we don't want to hurt our families." She explained to him, gently caressed his face and silently left.

She knew she had to leave quickly because no matter how much she loved Nysa and she knew Shahrukh loved his family she did not trust herself to be alone with that gorgeous man for too long.

The rest of the shooting went without any problems. Kajol and Shahrukh made sure they kept their interactions in public with the rest of the crew. They managed to continue their friendly banter as they shared before they admitted their true feelings to each other. Karan was happy, it seemed his lead stars had resolved their misplaced feelings of love and had returned to being just friends again.

The director however was not aware the otherwise bubbly actress cried herself to sleep on numerous nights.

Soon the San Francisco schedule was over and the whole crew flew back to Mumbai.

When they arrived at the airport Kajol saw Gauri waiting at the exit. She could not help but feel a bit jealous when she saw Shahrukh greet her and kiss her cheek. To her surprise Gauri walked straight towards Kajol and handed her a self made book.

"Hello Kajol, Good to see you. Suhana had made this for you. It is your bedtime story she had made a book out of it with some drawings."

Kajol took the gift and scanned through the pages. "Tell Suhana thank you, she draws lovely. It is very sweet of her."

"I should be the one thanking you," Gauri admitted.

Kajol did not understand the woman before her: "What do you mean, I have no gift for you."

"You have given us the greatest gift you can possibly imagine. I also read the story and it is obvious you are the princess and Shahrukh is you first true love. So from the bottom of my heart I thank you for not pursuing your feelings." She explained and pulled the actress in a tight hug.

"I don't know what to say," Kajol stammered.

"You don't have to say anything. Just accept our thank you and make sure you come to visit soon. Suhana is looking forward to see you and Nysa again."

"Okay I will," Kajol said and they both said goodbye. Kajol carefully put the book in her purse. It would be a constant reminder that she had done the right thing. Shahrukh and she both had wonderful families, just not one with each other. But she knew she had a friend for life and they would always be there for each other.

The End