Chapter Part 11: A confession and a plan

Thank you all for the kind reviews and the votes. This is just a short chapter. I was planning for Shahrukh and Kajol to keep their feelings hidden for each other a bit longer. But since some of you suggested that Shahrukh should be honest, I decided you were right. Hope you enjoy the next part.

Shahrukh felt terrible and decided to wait outside Kajol's trailer. He could not stand the fact that he hurt one of is his closest friends and wanted to sort things out. So he nervously waited on the staircase in front her door until she had changed. The actress almost bumped into him when she went looking for Karan to explain why she could not do the bedroom scene.

"Shah, what are you still doing here?", she asked surprised.

"Can we talk for a minute please? I don't like to leave things unsolved between us." Her troubled co-star explained.

"I think things are perfectly clear, but I guess you can come in for a minute but then I really need to go to Karan. He must be freaking out by now."

"Okay I won't take long. Promise," he quickly followed her inside and locked the door behind him.

"Why are you securing the door, you haven't killed anybody have you?" She tried to lighten the tense mood.

"No I have not. But seeing you cry because of me felt just as bad. You deserve to hear the truth."

"It is okay. I am a big girl. I am already over it," she lied.

"We have to stop lying to each other." He gently grabbed her shoulders like she had done a few minutes ago. He paused a second, took a deep breath, looked her in the eye and finally found the courage to tell her the truth.

"The reason why I left so suddenly was not because I did not find you beautiful it was because I found you a bit too attractive and I was afraid you would discover my feelings for you." There he had said it. A huge weight fell from his shoulder. He was waiting for a response. Since she did not say anything he studied her face trying to read her reaction.

By the look in her eyes he could tell she was surprised. But there was no way back so he softly caressed her cheek and gently lifted her chin up so she could not avert her gaze when he continued: "Kajol, I lo.."

His words however were silenced by Kajol's trembling hand. For the second time this day he had caused tears to form in her gorgeous eyes.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." An equally trembling voice accompanied her hand. "I don't trust myself enough if you confess your love for me. Years ago my biggest wish would have been for you to say those 3 words. But what's the use. We both know we can't be together. I promised myself I would be a good friend to you and that I would never come in between your marriage and your family. I love you too much, I would never do anything that would hurt you or the ones you love. You are my first love, I will always love you. But if you say it out loud that you return my feelings I am afraid I will not be strong enough to keep my promise. I would want to throw myself in your arms and finally taste your loving lips. However I know we will never have a first kiss. We are just not meant to be." She finally removed her quivering hand from his mouth, her index finger lingered a bit longer on his lower lip, slowly caressing it goodbye. The tears she was trying to fight now freely rolled down her cheeks. She unlocked the door and without looking back she left before Shahrukh could say anything. He just stared at the closed door and noticed his cheeks were equally wet as hers.

Luckily for Karan, Kajol did not notice him hiding behind her van. He had come to check up on her since Shahrukh did not return with her to the sets. The director also had moist eyes. He had heard everything and felt the pain of his two friends. Although he loved Gauri as well and he would never cover up for an affair he felt like he should help his lead stars. Maybe he could make sure they will have one true kiss after all.