Chapter 12: To kiss or not to kiss?

I am having some problem with copying the lay out from word. The last part of this chapter is rated +16 years. I have added a warning in the chapter itself. But I could not post it in bold.

After Kajol's excuse to postpone the bedroom scene, Karan considerate as always, changed the shooting schedule so Kajol and Shahrukh mostly had separate easy scenes. The actors did not question his decision, they were glad they did not have to shoot some intimate scenes with each other. The rest of the shooting day went smoothly, only Karan noticed that his two lead stars did not interact with each other in between scenes as usual.

He hoped things would return to normal soon. What if they had lost the comfortable "buddy" relationship they normally shared, what if they lost that special vibe that transformed to their famous chemistry on screen. What if his movie would flop because of their personal problems. He knew he should not think about his film, that his friends were more important. But he could not help it, each movie he directed he considered as a newborn baby. Maybe he should quickly rewrite the wedding night scene so the 2 of them could kiss and hopefully afterward would return to their previous relationship. Or on second thought it could make things even worse than it already was. In the spirit of nothing ventured nothing gained he went to call Shibani to discuss the new scene.

At 24 o'clock Shahrukh heard a knock on his hotel room. "Shahrukh are you awake, can I come in?"

"Of course Karan. You know I stay up late." He was glad Karan paid him a visit. He could not stop thinking about what transpired between Kajol and him earlier that day. He could use some distraction so he motioned Karan to take a seat and offered him something to drink.

"You probably already know that Kajol asked to rewrite the bedroom scene. I made sure she is wearing something less revealing. But the point of that nightgown was to show the viewers that a passionate, attractive woman could love a man with Aspergers. So by giving her a safe from neck to toe pyjama I am not getting that message really through. It seems more like an innocent sleepover between friends. Can you see the problem I was having. But luckily Shibani and me came up with a solution."

"A solution sounds good," he encouraged the director to continue.

"I was wondering if your non kiss policy still stands? Because I would like to add a small kissing scene. It really is the only way to get my message across." He tried to convince the actor.

Shahrukh could tell Karan was expecting him to object. But he could not supress a small grin that appeared by the prospect of finally being able to taste Kajol's lips. He was about to agree with the scene when he reconsidered.

"I understand your reason to include a kiss, but I will have to talk to Gauri first."

"Of course I understand. You can tell your decision tomorrow. Have a good night,"

After Karan left, Shahrukh had even more trouble falling asleep. Like a schoolkid looking forward to a fun excursion the next day, he was too excited to visit dreamland.

He decided he could call Gauri since it already was 14 o'clock in Mumbai.

Luckily for him Gauri agreed to the kissing scene. She trusted Karan's judgement. If he found it was a requirement for the movie then it was okay for her. Now he just hoped Kajol and Ajay would also agree.

Next morning Shahrukh found Karan nervously sitting outside Kajol's room biting his nails. "They are talking a long time," Karan stated apprehensively.

"You know Kajol. Once she starts talking there is no stopping her," the actor joked.

After half an hour the hotel room door opened. "You can lighten up Karan, Ajay made no problems with the scene."