“A little warning about this power swap would have been good.”  I mumbled as I felt Cane’s lips on my shoulder, breathing heated air through the satin of my bath robe.

     “This is part of what I mean about you getting stronger.  Upon completing the bonding, you and your match share each other’s abilities.”  He explained.

      “I’m not sure I’m enjoying this whole new scent, hearing and sight thing but I can see how handy they are for you guys.”  I smiled, feeling awkward.

     “How you deal with this whole empathic thing is beyond me.”  Cane said, into my neck.  If he didn’t stop, I’d be forced to turn around and take him there, in front of all to see.  My raging hormones hadn’t let off from smelling the arousal in the air earlier and I knew that Cane was able to smell mine now.  I squirmed a little deeper into his lap as I tightened my thighs together – a feeble attempt at stifling this internal flame that was slowly being fanned within me.  I should simply just get up and off of his lap but I couldn’t help but notice that the overwhelming senses relaxed some as soon as we had made physical contact; at this point, in a last ditch effort to remain semi clear-headed, I chose to stay where I was.

      “Here.”  Will walked forward and dropped keys in Cane’s hand.  I looked at the two men and Sandra in confusion.  “You two clearly need some more time to get adjusted.  The boys have left and Sandra and I are due for some time alone.  If you head out now, you can get to the cottage before midnight.”  With that, he followed Sandra out of the bedroom; some of the arousal scent left along with them, some of it remained.

     Half an hour later we had found ourselves in Cane’s car, driving God knows where.  I had no clue where we were headed; just the intended destination – Cane’s family cottage.  We were warned that there were watchers around the property to keep watch over us.  So long as they stayed away from earshot, I was fine with it and made it known.  I had plans for Cane and I and the last thing I needed was to be disturbed.  My breathing hitched at the thought of a few naughty things I wanted to try on him upon our arrival; my mouth watering at the fresh memory of his heated flesh on mine.  A hand rubbing up my thigh was what brought me back to reality.  I turned to look at Cane who eyed me curiously with an arched brow.

     “You need to stop the thoughts you’re thinking.  You’re driving me insane right now.”  He said in a husky tone and suddenly, I had a picture invade my mind.  My eyes, still trained on Cane, I felt my blush wash through my entire body and that internal flame of mine growing ever so slightly.  It was exactly what I had pictured doing to him but with his very own twist added to it.  He laughed mischievously at my reaction.

     “What the hell was that?”  I asked him, my core throbbing with want; my breath nearing a pant.

     “I think we just found something new.”  He chuckled.

     “I wonder if your father knows about this one.”  I smirked and flashed a scene from earlier tonight of me wreaking pleasuring havoc on his body and cut it off as quickly as I heard the growl forming in his throat; I giggled.  The more I sat here thinking about this whole royal business of sharing each other’s abilities, the more I thought we could have fun with this whole thing.  The mind link we now shared was definitely an interesting plus.

     The moon shone bright and high in the sky by the time we reached the cottage, nestled in the woods.  Cane had almost missed the dirt road that led up to it as he veered quickly to the right, causing rocks, dirt and other road debris to kick up and a cloud of dust to float up in the air behind the car.  I’ve never seen a man run as quickly as I had just now when he got out of the car, grabbed our bags and tossed me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.  He paused at the door to unlock it and dropping our belongings inside, locking the door behind us, he rushed us up the stairs to one of the bedrooms as I giggled hysterically at his behavior.