Chapter Nine - Drifting

I freeze at his words. Is he even awake?

"Please. Estelle." His voice is so uneven that I can't believe he's in an awake state of mind. But I don't want him to be having nightmares, either, and the fact that he's been so kind to me today is enough to make me want to do anything to keep him at ease.

"Okay." I comply, and climb into the bed with him.

It feels awkward, laying with him. I haven't had a boyfriend before, and I had no experience with guys, yet here I was lying in bed with one.

I stay to my side of the bed, and it isn't long until I find his presence comforting. His breathing is so even compared to the erratic breaths he was releasing mere minutes ago.

He shifts closer to me, his hand barely brushing my leg.

"Thank you." He whispers.

I let out a nod and a sleepy noise in reply, and quickly drift into slumber.

---

The bright light from his window awakens me.

I yawn and try to stretch my arms before I open my eyes.

Once my vision comes clear, I find my arms wrapped around Levi and completely atop of him, as he is completely awake with an annoyed expression.

"W-why am I- s-sorry!" I yell, as I detach my grasp from him.

"I swear, I wasn't like that last night, I just, do you even remember why I'm in here? I'm so sorry!" I ramble.

"Stop speaking and just get off of the bed. I've been sitting here for ten minutes trying to detach you from me but you wouldn't let go." He pushes me off of the bed and I fall to the floor on my back.

I rub my neck with my hand and I let out a sigh as he gets up and walks out of the room. It was a bad idea to even come in here, with how he is, he would have been able to deal with one nightmare without my help.

Walking into the kitchen, still sore, I stretch my hands into the air and yawn.

"You didn't have to throw me that hard, ya know," I complain.

"I wouldn't of had to if you hadn't-" he starts, pouring coffee into a cup.

"Stop bringing that up!" I cut him off, frowning.

He smirks and starts stirring something into his coffee.

My cheeks are still a red tint from the memory of being latched onto him, which goes with notice by Levi.

He walks over and puts two fingers under my chin, tilting my face up and putting his cup down.

His eyes meet mine and my blush deepens. Using his other hand, he places the back of it against my forehead lightly. "You're too warm, you have a fever," he tells me silently.

"I feel fine," I frown.

"You're sick."

"Am not!"

He pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance, sighs, and picks me up bridal style. "You need to rest," he demands.

I kick my legs and try to get out of his grasp. "I'm fine!"

Placing me on his bed, I try to start talking again but he covers my mouth with one hand and silences me. "Rest."

"Levi," I say through his hand.

"What is it, brat?" His eyes pierce into mine.

"Can you-" I blush, and look down. "Nevermind."

He gives me a confused look and shakes his head down at me, sitting by the side of the bed on a chair. "Tell me what you were going to say."

"No, it's embarrassing," I mutter.

"I'll do whatever it is you need, Ella."

My blush turns into the deepest crimson yet. This was the first time he didn't call me by my full name, and settled for one of the nicknames I preferred.

When he notices I'm staying quiet, he runs his fingers over my cheeks softly and starts to hum. He places his forehead against mine and our noses brush. "Go to sleep," he whispers.

(a/n) okay this chapter was really cliche haha
Well thanks for reading. I'm starting to get authors block as to how I'm going to tie the plot together buuuuuut I'll get through it. Thanks to everybody voting(: